Are these male preflowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kanvict, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Awesome I should be able to make something like that work out, hopefully I'll get some nice seeds too, if it's worth smoking I'll consider it a success and money saved haha.

Thank you for all the help man, I really appreciate it! I have no interest in breeding it or the genetics, it was just a bonus seed I received. Should I chop it down now or does it need to be flowered for the leaves to be made into hash?

I like to hold off on chopping for a few days to make damn sure its a boy. But for hash you can chop at any time.

I guess I'll leave it in with the others for a few days and keep checking to confirm before I chop? How long do I have to remove the plant before it pollinates my females? I have little room width wise so even moving the male out would probably spread pollen somewhere; so will I clearly see distinct gender BEFORE it produces pollen?

5. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19360910" timestamp="1390011749"]I like to hold off on chopping for a few days to make damn sure its a boy. But for hash you can chop at any time.[/quote]I'm not so sure it's a male anymore. .. starting to have hope that it might be a female. Will post updated pics but I swear I see calyxes coming out.. at what point do these actually develop pollen so I know when to tAke it out in case it is a male?

Its always wise to not jump the gun and kill a potential female. I don't take to much stock in preflowers, better to wait 3-7 days unless you see ball clusters.

I chopped down over 20 males this morning.

7. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19365221" timestamp="1390086168"]Its always wise to not jump the gun and kill a potential female. I don't take to much stock in preflowers, better to wait 3-7 days unless you see ball clusters.I chopped down over 20 males this morning.[/quote]First set of female calyxes have come out the top, glad I didn't chop it down lol, let's see might be a hermie but I'm hopeful :) will post updated pics soonSent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Thats great. Your doing it right, the plants will reward you later.

If you dont have a program for pest control running, now is a good time to treat them with neem oil because later in bloom if you have spider mites or other pest the crop is ruined and its just too late.

9. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19376055" timestamp="1390257278"]Thats great. Your doing it right, the plants will reward you later.If you dont have a program for pest control running, now is a good time to treat them with neem oil because later in bloom if you have spider mites or other pest the crop is ruined and its just too late.[/quote]Good guide link? I'll look it up and do it now. Are spider mites common indoors?

10. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19376055" timestamp="1390257278"]Thats great. Your doing it right, the plants will reward you later.If you dont have a program for pest control running, now is a good time to treat them with neem oil because later in bloom if you have spider mites or other pest the crop is ruined and its just too late.[/quote]Forgot to ask, anything else I should do, pest wise and just generally for flowering?Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #31 snoopdog6502, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014

well they are hard to control indoors, once you get them you are screwed. they can take hold and mutiply fast.

No link just plan on being very vigilant , if you get them halfway through flower you will be pissed.

A good program is to treat all vegging plants every 2 weeks. At the very least get a spray bottle from a dollar store and have a pint of neem handy I use 1/2 tea spoon to a quart sprayer. The stuff smells like orange peels.

Yep what I mention above. I would get neem and hit them now and it will be the last time. Never treat in full blown flower thats why i say double up ever 2 weeks leading up to flower.

The pest around here are aphids(from the damn tomatoes),spider mites and fungus gnats. I use the neem every 2 weeks and keep all of the little buggers at bay.

neem is an oil made from a tree bark and is natural.

12. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19376183" timestamp="1390258881"]well they are hard to control indoors, once you get them you are screwed. they can take hold and mutiply fast.No link just plan on being very vigilant , if you get them halfway through flower you will be pissed.A good program is to treat all vegging plants every 2 weeks. At the very least get a spray bottle from a dollar store and have a pint of neem handy I use 1/2 tea spoon to a quart sprayer. The stuff smells like orange peels.Yep what I mention above. I would get neem and hit them now and it will be the last time. Never treat in full blown flower thats why i say double up ever 2 weeks leading up to flower.The pest around here are aphids(from the damn tomatoes),spider mites and fungus gnats. I use the neem every 2 weeks and keep all of the little buggers at bay.neem is an oil made from a tree bark and is natural.[/quote]Should I just spray it once or keep it going through flower? I just started flowering about 3 days ago, is it okay to treat with neem oil still? I'm reading a lot of mixed opinions, it'd be awesome if you could clear them up for me.1) what kind of soap do I mix with?2) spray when lights off or lights on? My temps are 78 with a 400w HPS. Fan at the bottom providing a windy effect helping the plants respirate.3) how much neem oil do I need to use and should I do it every 3 days for first two weeks of flower?4) people say liquid soap can clog stomata, so it's recommended to foliar spray with just distilled water right after to wash the soap off... is this true?

13. I realize you told me the amount, but how big is the sprayer lolSent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Confirmed female... so now I have 3 females to play with :D