Are these male flowers in my buds?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by frydze, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hi,

Doing my first grow now, third weeks of flowering so far for 3 plants. One of these plant has been having problems for a bit. I saw these things growing on top of my buds but only on this plant. Are these male flowers?

male flower.jpg

I don't want to get rid of this plant but I might not have a choice.

Thanks

2. Hell no. those are not male by any means. looks like your growing a sativa

3. they do look funny...like they are trying to hermi.. I would keep a close eye on them..;)

4. #4 frydze, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    Thanks for the fast answers.

I know the plant is female (or used to be ): ), but if you look at the top of the buds, you will see some kind of pod there. Only happening on one plant and I am freaking out a bit.

5. yeah I believe I see one male flower in there, its out of focus though. if you take your time to closely inspect that plant once a week and pluck off all the male flowers, you may miss a few, but there wont be a lot of pollen coming out of those. may get a couple of seeds, but nothing that would justify killing one out of three plants in my opinion.
    people worry about hermies too much, cuz the newbs listen to the pros when for them its a totally different thing. if youre growing a whole room full of clones then of course you want to take them off a mother plant that doesnt hermy at all, but when you just grow a handful of plants for yourself and your time isnt limited, then killing a hermy doesnt pay off most of the time.

6. [quote name='"baumeister"']yeah I believe I see one male flower in there, its out of focus though. if you take your time to closely inspect that plant once a week and pluck off all the male flowers, you may miss a few, but there wont be a lot of pollen coming out of those. may get a couple of seeds, but nothing that would justify killing one out of three plants in my opinion.
    people worry about hermies too much, cuz the newbs listen to the pros when for them its a totally different thing. if youre growing a whole room full of clones then of course you want to take them off a mother plant that doesnt hermy at all, but when you just grow a handful of plants for yourself and your time isnt limited, then killing a hermy doesnt pay off most of the time.[/quote]

Agree. Take the make flowers off an keep an eye on it. Don't stress out about it.

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud