Are these doing ok? Inexperienced

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by princessglitter004, Sep 12, 2017.

1. So my gf in California sent me some pics of her experimental grow so far. She picked out some seeds in some bud she bought around march and decided to if anything would happen if she tried to plant them. She started the seeds in April then 2 out of the 6 sprouted so she planted those two outside in her veggie garden. While the plant grew one plant obviously showed signs of being a male so she threw it out and was left with one female. She kept it growing and now it has been flowering for maybe about 3-4 weeks. We looked up tons of info on growing and understand that the bids shouldn't be harvested until the trichomes are a certain color and until the white "hairs" turn a more golden or orange brownish color. She checked them last Friday and the hairs were still white and he buds were small. When she checked them yesterday the buds had orange brown hairs already!? are they almost ready for harvest? He buds are still pretty small? We wanted to wait to see if they got bigger but didn't want to leave them too long and ruin them? Any help? I think the strain she planted is called orange crush or something like that. The first two picture I included show he white hairs while flowering on Friday and the last pic shows the color change she saw on Monday. Is this normal? Should we leave them alone? Thanks[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. yeah definitely leave em. it would be pretty cool to see a pic of the whole plant and get some more details. its outdoors? doing anything special when feeding? or just letting it do its own thing?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Way too early for harvest. People do go by trichome color and pistil color. I personally haven't used a loupe or scope in years.

Just look on the internet pictures of ripe ready to harvest buds. If yours look like that which you see on the internet it's time for chopping

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks so much, here are full pics of the plant as of earlier today. I have no idea if she's feeling them or fertilizing them or not. I think it's just doing its own thing. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's what I was thinking, they should be left alone. I figured this is just the start of the flower and later on they should be ready and bigger like pictures I've seen online.

6. I usually take them the 3rd or 4th week of October but I'm So Cal and it doesn't get cold here till Feb.
    Put a stake next to it and wire it up so as the crown gets bigger it doesn't fall over.
    BNW

7. Oh perfect! My gf is in socal too so that helps a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  8. @princessglitter004
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    With a little effort and planning she can grow all year round not just a summer set.
    [​IMG]
    This is my fall set under way. The Solar lights are enough to hold them in veg for another two months and I'll let them start to flower around Halloween. Be done for a Christmas harvest.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looks good so far but stem looks a little thin. May need some extra support once the buds fill in

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's so awesome! Very smart with the solar lights. Great set up! I love looking at experienced growers. You've really got a good thing going there! :)