Are these close to Harvest??

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by OneMarty, Feb 6, 2021.

?

Should these be Harvested at this time??

1. Not Yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A Little Longer

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Pull Them Now!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I have four pictures from a Gorilla Glue #4 plant, these are all different buds on the same plant. These were taken with a microscope camera to view the Trichomes. This plant is 7 weeks into flower today, Sat 2-6-2021. Supposed to flower 8-9 Weeks, but are looking pretty close to me. Any input is helpful from all the other growers. I'm looking for peak THC Potency. Buy the way this is my second grow, first one turned out pretty decent but I get hesitant at this stage because I don't want to over cook them on the vine, so to speak.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Need some good pictures of a whole cola or the whole plant in general to really tell. Looks good from the few close ups but I'm still seeing some younger looking pistils that haven't receeded.

If it's 7 weeks into flower, it's likely it could at least go for another week, maybe even a week and a hafl. Not much tends to be fully mature at 7 weeks, may be good and smokeable, but won't have full bud mass or potency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. my last plant was ready in 38 days. There are several strains ready in ~35 days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah there's a few faster flowering strains. I'm just doing the math in my head, post wondering about if it's ready to harvest, 7 weeks, pistils not all darkened, no sign of any ambers, still a few clear. Another week would do it good I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks, I was thinking about another week also. I'm starting to flush them now with just plane PHed water.

6. I don't flush anymore, I just reduce my nutes.
    Research says Don't Flush The Plants

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 GroBuddy, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021

8. i could also provide research that says to flush its a grower preference on how they want to grow. personally i stop nutes if youre watering every other day and giving it a good run off by 2 weeks end the soil is leached. depending on trichomes on the bud not all hairs may be red may have little amber depending on strain, plant, and trichome preference.

also that research was done in coco I'm no scientist but you could receive a different reading in soil or hydroponics. coco has a base of 0 nutrients and is watered multiple times a day. doesnt take much to clear the coco of built up nutrients as they really dont bulid up watering so much vs a soil like ocean forest. especially if any pesticides or insecticides were used during your grow i would want to make sure all that chemical is out of my plants system before putting it in my lungs

its so much easier to see the trichomes through a microscope or loop

• Like Like x 1
  9. oh God forbid!

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. I agree, soil and peat does accumulate so weaning off is important, but a two week flush... I've lost plants doing this. Weakens their immune system when plants become deficient, especially near end game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2 weeks was an example as different situations cause for different grow methods. i just didnt feel like leaving my usual book lol being a beginner getting the correct timing will more than likely be off anyhow. its hard until you get several harvest under your belt to determine distance of harvest date. some strains develop quick and what you think is two weeks is a week some take longer and seem as tho they will never be ready lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not enough magnification.
    60x-100x power.
    Newegg has a USB scope for $14.00

Take a couple of TINY snips from deep in the plant where the light doesn't shine.
    Go inside to a table and chair so you can FOCUS. and see what your actually looking at.

Trichomes.jpg

Until it has at least a few ambers showing it's not done.
    I like 5% Amber minimum to take the sharp edge off. It's to jittery taken to soon. Should look like streaks and stripes of amber to be really intense to me. Like bad graffiti.
    Even in Amber pictures you still see clear heads as well as plenty of cloudy. Think averaging. You waited this long what's another week, or two, or three.

I run photoperiods outside year round as it never freezes here. I give them all a 10 week flower window to run in. I take them as they finish and far past what most would say is done. Some few rare plants are done at 8 weeks as buds are dying and turning brown. At that point you either pull it or lose it. Most run 9 or the full 10 weeks. That is actual time. Set out / flip to harvest.

To far gone = physically dying plant. Even then it's still just about right for my taste.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  13. <-- Never flushed a plant in my life. But then I flower in ground or Organic SIPs that can't be. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. My Scope Camera is 50X-1000X maybe just needed a little more focus.

15. Try taking a tiny snip and use a table, chair, bright light. At 60x the heads should be * size.. At 150X they'll be @
    Get everything well supported as any movement will result in out of focus. My old Phone had a Macro setting I could take really close shots with. This cheap POS doesn't. Same rules apply, got to be still.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 GroBuddy, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    just a little more focus

those are hard to see as its hard to hold your hand still long enough to grab a pic but you get the jist. that little sliver in front of the microscope and gardeners wire is all i use. those are mostly clear with about 30 to 40% cloudy the sugar leaf already has amber which is why its not a good practice to view sugar leaves to determine harvest maturity. i know you werent looking at sugar leaves but if anyone reads this hopefully that added info will help.

Attached Files:

17. I used to use that handheld microscope, does it have the little button on it for a light? The plug in USB ones ended up being way easier to work with. Could never get a good shot with those hand held microscopes.

18. These are the best I could get trying to take a picture through a handheld microscrope.

IMG_1625.JPG
    And these are the shots you can get with a USB microscope. You can even record a quick video, and take still shots of the best frames.

Such a larger frame of view, and much sharper

WIN_20191231_12_05_14_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks, helpful input.

• Like Like x 1