Are these balls?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stankopolis, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Checking my ladies today, on their 4th day of 12/12 and noticed these:

balls or no?

Sorry some of the picture are so fuzzy.

Attached Files:

2. It looks like it to me, But i would also like to state I've only seen a male a plant one time on my outdoor grow before this cold weather I wouldn't pull it untill u get some more experinced responces

3. Thanks Silent, I am actually leaning towards pulling the plant today, as I think it is a male as well. Just wanted, more or less, confirmation from those who are more experienced than I.

Thanks again mate,

cheers.

4. Can I chop him down, render him out in some oil to make some magic brownies??? Or is there not enough THC in him yet to do all that???

Been vegging for a little more than 2 months and his height is right around 18". I guess I will try and see what happens.

5. Be careful not to misidentify new growth as male pollen sacks. It's an easy mistake to make.

Give them a few more days until you can tell for sure.
    To be honest it's looking like a male. But you have plenty of time until they pop. So don't go rushing into it and cutting them down just yet :)

6. Good advise Matt:D wait and see fo-sho.

But yea those are balls.:( Sorry:(

7. Thanks for the info Mat, yeah I noticed that the new growth does look a lot like the plants' sex pre-flowers so I was real careful about that. I do think that these are balls though so I will be chopping today as I kinda wanted at least one plant to be male so I could get more space (and more light to the females).

Any thought on trying to make canna-oil for brownies out of him though.

8. #8 stankopolis, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009

That's what I was thinking, thanks. Any thoughts on trying to make canna-oil out of him? Possible or not?

9. NJo--that would be a waste of time and energy. There is just nothing there to make oil out of. About all it is good for is compost.