Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are there ways I can better learn to control myself when High on indica?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by GottaloveGanga, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm a 19 year old college student and have been smoking the herb for about a year and a half. In that time I have had some really great highs and just had a fuckin blast!!!. However, I do live in VA and as you know indica is way more common in the illegal market than sativa. I do like indica, but i notice that I have trouble controlling myself when the high starts to really settle in. I just laugh for no reason and pretty much embarrass myself around my friends and other people. I also have a hard time conversing after a little while. I know the obvious fix would be to just smoke alone. However, my mom is against my marijuana use and is always home. So i pretty much can only smoke when out with friends. So are there techniques or anything I can do to better control myself? obviously I want to laugh and have fun but I don't want to be awkward or embarrass myself. Especially around girls. Any suggestions???

Thanks for reading!!! Any response will be greatly appreciated.

2. if you're new or whatever to smoking pot, just smoke thru it. After some experience your highs will become more controllable

3. Smoke weed everyday

4. yeah after you smoke for a little your body will just get used to it

5. Remember, YOU HAVE NO OBLIGATIONS TO ANYTHING when High. Just soak it in and enjoy haha. Laughing is a good thing!

My only other suggestion that is something that you should apply in more social/public situations is... DONT BE IN YOUR HEAD SO MUCH! Realize that on weed everything is a magical fairyland of calm and beauty. When others are high, if they see you laguhing and having fun, they'll enjoy you because thats the vibe you're giving off.. FUN!

Don't think so much about how you appear to others while high ... thats called being too self conciousness.. and if its mixed with insecurity, it causes nothing but bad highs...

Be Confident.. Weed helps you conquer your problems and tells you "SHUTUP MAN AND ENJOY LIFE HEHEHE HEHE.." yes weed giggles at you cuz WEED KNOWS that all your problems,issues,anxieties,insecurities are all useless and false to everyone but yourself.

6. Thanks man ill try. just dont want to embarrass myself

7. Haha for sure. With experience, you'll learn to control it bette rtoo.. But when you're high.. realize that you're not the center of attention lol.. you are, ONLY TO YOU... which is boring.. learn to focus on the world around you and not yourself lol. all introspective thoughts should be small mental notes .. not self talk.

Plus, if you dont feel 100% comfortable doing w/e u want while high or acting however u want while highi, dont smoke with all those people.. smoke with people u are comfortable smokign with.. remember.. CHOICES you make in life, have nothign to do with weed.. either change yourself or change who you hang with!

8. Smoke everyday and soon that will not happen trust me !

9. After smoking regularly for a few months, that wears off. But when I had the same problem when I first started. The people I smoked with were more experienced and much more calm, and I didn't want to look stupid, rambling and laughing like an idiot. I could tell when the giggles were becoming too much and all I really did was focus my mind for a few seconds. Keep your eyes and mind focused on an object or conversation. Anything really. I don't know why but doing that kind of brought me back to reality, without killing the high

10. I wish I could still get high like that

11. You will long for those days when you build a tolerance. I do.
    But, the only true cure is time like everybody else said.
    After a while you'll get used to the way everything feels and it'll be normal.
    everybody has that awkward phase in the beginning, and everybody misses it when it's gone.

12. Thanks guys i really love all the support!!! I smoked with my friends again today and unfortunately the same thing. happened... Wish i could smoke every day and had some access to some sativa strains. I like indica but i prefer the euphoric/energetic high with friends. Cant remember the last time I had a sativa strain....

13. If you think you're not going to laugh and giggle and blab like an idiot after smoking a sativa dominant strain you're delusional. Just get ultra high alone a lot.