Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are there doctors who will recommend to out-of-state residents?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SBGlass, Aug 7, 2009.

1. I'm afraid I do not live in a state with a medical program. I've used what I could find when I gave up Prozac and Ambien (also works well as an appetite stimulant, since I am underweight and not much of an eater), but my well has run dry. I'd rather go through the most normal channels possible than risk begging folks on the street. If I drove to another state--CA I guess--are there doctors that will recommend to me? The CA NORML site says "most" require residency, but that's it, and there's no help to tell me which might be helpful. Any help is appreciated.

2. No,they will not and your CA recomendation will not work in any other sate execpt Montana

3. You would need your state id to enter the dispemsary - a card from a state where you are not a resident gives you no protection. Only a crooked doctor would take your money if out of state.

clinton

4. Absolutely not, they would lose their license to practice medicine.

5. What about a califronia state drivers lisence. You can get one for like $25.

6. Sure. Learn to spell first, then when you are out of school, move there.

If you are trying to conspire to commit fraud, then please just get a life.

7. does your license need to have the same county thats issuing the recommendation?/>

8. Doctors issue the recommendation, the county card is after the fact and is completely voluntary.

9. I have to commend your for your hard line against people that are trying to scam the medical system. I live in TX (ugh), but I have a very valid reason to get a prescription (Crohn's disease). I get so fed up with all of the people that are looking for a loophole so that they can get a script. Thanks for fighting for those of us who need MMJ for an honest reason.

10. Yes there are doctors who will but they a crooks and only harm the movement.