Are the things you feel when you're high real?

Discussion in 'General' started by themarobics, May 14, 2016.

1. I have social anxiety which I have been getting high to mask it. I just want to know if how I feel when I'm high is how I'm supposed to feel . When I'm sober, I get really anxious and insecure. Whenever I'm walking outside, I feel like everyone is looking and judging me. I would stand outside a mcdonalds for 20 minutes debating whether to go in or not because I'm just that anxious and insecure. However, When I'm high/buzzed, I feel less stresses out and I feel like everyone is minding their own business and not judging me. I would go straight in mcdonalds and talk normally to the cashier without appearing weird.

I don't usually get stoned, I just get high enough to lower my anxiety. I feel like I'm more normal when I'm high, but I don't know if that's how everyone around me thinks. Maybe I feel normal but I was actually acting like a weirdo. Does anyone else have any similar experience or have any thought to share? thank you

Why I'm asking is that I'm going to a job interview next week and I don't know if I should get a bit high before I go to lower my anxiety. But I don't want to act weird if you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's weird you are the opposite of me. If I have an interview, I will go sober. I get too anxious like everyone is looking if I'm stoned i get paranoid. Interesting. You know the old saying "just imagine everyone in the underwear". It works. We're all the same under our clothes. People look at me weird stoned or not so I say "enjoy the show".

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ahh I use to feel like that. When I wasn't high I was insecure. When I was high I felt like a badass and "normal". I don't have social anxiety anymore, which is what you have. You need to socialize more man, you'll feel better it's all mindgames. No one really even cares about what you do. Remember what you do today no one will remember In a week so fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  4. Remember it's just a ride, man. Some of the people have been on the ride a really long time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you for sharing your thought. I don't get high to the point that I get the munchies and have amnesia. I get high to the point where I feel nothing at all, but I can still function well. If I get really high, I get even more anxious, I have experienced that lol, so I try not to get too high. I guess noone really cares about me and It's just my imagination. Crazy how we can be such slaves to our minds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Smoking weed always made my anxiety remarkably worse.

That is, unless ... I have alcohol first. To this day, I would never have a joint or a cannabis edible on its own, without having a beer first.

And yeah, the things you feel when you're high are pretty real. Your perception of reality, after all .. is merely the by-product of chemical reactions going on inside your head.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Considering cannabis is medicinal, there is a chemical reaction that happens within your brain causing you to feel less anxious.

Therefore, feeling less anxious after you smoke is real.

Most people with anxiety gravitate towards mild/moderate Indica strains.

If you can, get some Granddaddy Purple, Northern Lights or Blueberry.

If you can't tolerate higher THC levels, I highly recommend you try Cannatonic.

If you decide you need some relief the day of your interview, If you have the right flowers, I would smoke 2 hours before.

Also, I wouldn't shower after you smoke (do it before) as it will elevate the effects.

Good Luck with your interview

& remember.. Globally, 1 in every 13 people suffer from Anxiety, so you're not going to look weird at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I feel ya, I like being high because it slows me down where I take the time to look at people, and listen to what they say. I become more comfortable with myself and others, I take the time to really acknowledge some one. My senses become heighten and i become in the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Everybody has social anxiety.

10. Alone=hungry
    With group= I get real social when I get really high, when I get really dabbed I get horny n try n get some

11. I'm quite the opposite. I've noticed that I can get pretty anxious when I'm high, but I can be fine when I'm sober. If your anxiety seems to lower when you're a bit buzzed, then I'd say go for it, but try not to be too stoned and try not to look high at all.

In terms of the anxiety itself, nobody cares about you nearly as much as you do. What I mean by that is, if you're at McDonald's, nobody cares about you man. They're just there to get some food, the same reason you are. Don't be too anxious to go to McDonald's man, not one bad thing is going to happen so don't even worry. I know that doesn't help very much. "There's nothing to be anxious about" definitely won't cure someone's anxiety, but as someone who's suffered from anxiety, there is honestly nothing to be anxious about in such simple scenarios. Good luck on the interview

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've suffered from anxiety for 10 years, it's all a confidence thing, do some things to boost it and then u should feel better until another trigger comes along.

13. what?

14. All your experiences are real. Atleast to you. So yeah. They are real.

• Like Like x 1
  15. We're all just living in the matrix anyway. Think about it. Everyone is wired in. We are the imagination of ourselves. Everything that we see is in our own heads. Think about this one..do the eyes see or does the brain see? The eyes see the image but the brain flips the image and interprets what we see. How do we know what we see is what we're seeing? Like a camera. The camera sees but it has no judgment, no feeling about what is in front of it. We have a range of ways to interpret what is going on around us. We see, but how does each persons brain interpret what they see differently? Early morning deep thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DEEP THOUGHTS
    by Jack Handy

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go,
    because, man, they're gone.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
    down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when
    you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a
    hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nothing is real; you've been lied to, bamboozled...Made a fool of.

Shame the liars; learn to defy gravity...And fly with your pet dragon.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hunter S.? Yes sir.

• Like Like x 1