Are the Girls Ready to Harvest ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by selin, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hello everyone, my first growing journey that started in the beginning of the september is coming to an end. They were bag seeds and I did not have too much hope however here we are.Buds did not grow very much in size and from this point I don't think waiting few more weeks will change anything. There are photos in the link. Do you think I should harvest ? Does it worth waiting few more weeks ? Top pistils are almost brown however leaves are still very green and look alive. If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear.

photo link :

2. No pal, she's not ready. If you chop now your going to end up with some fluffy, wet grass tasting smoke. Let it go at least until it starts sucking some life out of those leaves.

3. I would say check the tricomes...but I don't see any.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No where near ready mate, you still have a few weeks minimum. She still has a LOT of nitrogen in those leaves which will be used to grow your buds. You will see a big swell in size over the next few weeks! Have faith/patience bro. Also, are you using bloom nutes atm?

5. Thank you for your replies, I used big bud and then later on overdrive. Currently I am only giving water and molasse. I should continue giving overdrive one or two weeks more maybe ?

6. I think overdrive is for the last two weeks so if you are in "week 7" then I would say it's ok to keep using it. Your leaves look like they are on their way to signal a lockout but you are far enough along not to stress too much about it. I would give them a good flush with small amount of nutes and finish up at quarter strength or even plain water. My first indoor grow looked similar but after flushing an explosion of new pistils came signaling she was nowhere near ready.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thanks a lot but it seems I have a bigger problem. I cut only one branch to test and I found seeds inside. I think one of my plants is hermie and it pollinated some parts of the other plants. Maybe this is the reason the buds dont grow large ? What can I do at this point ? Can I smoke a bud with seeds, does it even make you high ?

8. That sucks...but not completely. You can't do anything about that unfortunately but your bud should still be smokeable. When I hear people ask if they can smoke weed with seed my first thought is,''They obviously didn't come up smoking in the 90's" and "Wow someone lived a blessed life". Of course you can smoke seeded weed... just remove the seeds. In fact there are people out there who prefer seeded weed.. you'll come across a four leaf clover before one of them tho. I would let it go until the seeds turn black or dark for the simple fact that I see no kinda tric production on your plant. Although all the energy will go into making and finishing up seeds, it's possible that it might make some glands. I left a herm to finish once and it only made 4-5 seeds on one bud..mind you this was late in flower so it didn't effect it too much, just killed the swelling vibe she was supposed to be going through.

9. your light is weak I think. there is not much swelling going on

10. I agree that this might be from using a weak light.