Are Televisions and Computers imprisoning minds?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gonzopoly*, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Who here has played videogames and watched cartoon shows ever since we were children? If that's the case we will never know what it feels like to be a genuine, natural human being. :''''''((( Imprisoned minds and lazy spirits I tell you!

2. Ah idk if I'm imprisoned buy I'm tired of tv and computers lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You don't understand what humans are, or just life for that matter.  Whatever it is, you're born into it.  Needless to say, I'd be lost if I didn't have google.

4. i think it'd be cool to spend every day hunting for food.  living in the jungle, practically in the nude.

only if it was all i knew though.

5. Television yes, but computers free minds and bring the everyday person closer to the truth, if they are willing to seek it out.

6. tell that to 90% of twitter and facebook users

7. #9 DopeImean, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    The television shows I watched as a child are not the same ones you would find today. I think remnants of them still exists but still. I remember being inspired by people like Steve Erwin to go out and explore. Disney Movies on tv were the bomb also!!! 

Everything you see on television today is pure sensationalism-shock value bull crap. It scares me when most cartoons have adult themes in them. We strayed so far from the idea of innocence.

I have a problem with convincing the masses of youngsters to grow up as fast as they can. Shits a damn lie and it really is sad. --- oh how I miss the 90s. :ph34r:

Also the internet is one of humanities greatest achievements, easy. It will continue to benefit us until the end of time.    

8. If they are willing to seek it out.

9. I kinda see what you mean op. I mean, I've been a fan of video games since pokemon hit the Game Boy. And I've spent the last seven years playing Dota. I also watch an unhealthy amount of TV, most of which is just reruns. So yeah I'd say I'm pretty much programmed by my computer and TV, but really we should be monitoring our smartphone usage...

Sent from my ADR930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Only weak minds. 

11. I think we'll be fine.

12. for kids yes it will fuck their minds up, but honestly you just have to man or woman up and breathe "on your own" be aware of your own body, tv gets tiring as hell anyways.

Of course you will, I think humans will come to a point where survival wins out over force of habit.  It is depressing mind you that so many people are tapped into electronics to the point that some communicate to those around them through Facebook alone, even if they're close in distance. I think there's something very tragic about that but instructive.  We humans are knowledgeable but we are not wise, wisdom comes from making mistakes sometimes and paying a terrible price in the process. Maybe we humans have to grow so isolated from each other that we finally realize we have to grow closely to each other again, through touch and conversation.  

• Like Like x 1
  14. What is a 'genuine, natural being?' The human mind receives inputs, draws patterns, and makes predictions. There is no 'right' way for it to be used.

That said, advertising does imprison in the sense that it takes advantage of the above functions to turn a mind into a consumer

15. The interent is the single handed reason i have opened my mind and explored the universe. i have nothing but love for the unfilitered amount of info i can suck in. Without it i'd still be a repressed christian not knowing shit about the world. If anything the computer does nothing but expand consciousness and spirituality if you use it right.

• Like Like x 1