Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are stems worth saving???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FoRsAkEn StOnEr, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Yes dank stems and Personally I just throw them away but they're covered in crystals and it just seems like a waste! Anyone have any ideas about what I could do with like a quarter of them?

2. #2 DMX, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    Yea save em up. Once you have a lot, and I mean alot.... You can make qwiso hash. Which is super fucking easy.

Edit: http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesti...des-homemade-hash-{step-step-pictorials}.html

Found that guide. Its pretty helpfull... But basicaly all you have to do is:
    Put stems in jar, put some 91% or higher iso alcohol in there. Shake it up and whatnot, Then pour the alcohol through a strainer onto a plate. Let it dry and scrape. ( Id add some keif to the mix aswell)

3. or you can save a lot of them and make stem tea. mad easy as well

4. Qwiso hash huh? Never heard of it, I'll google it lol

5. Are titties worth sucking?

6. i had a quarter of stems so i made QWISO with it. I wasnt expecting much and I didnt get much. Only like a .5. But it was potent as shit. i topped off bowls with it all night. Ended up smoking it all.

7. tea is good, but can be easy to fail and have little to no effect, qwiso is easy as fuck, and you can decarboxylate it, and add it to tea after if you feel the need to do so...

My friend just gave me near a pound of stems for qwiso (his hash oil set up cant handle stems, they are too big for the soxhlets) gonna have a shit ton of oil for 4/20

8. Would a qaurter be enough for tea or hash?

9. I used maybe 3g of stems, a pinch of shake, and a pinch of keif. And I got some hash about the size of a pencil eraser. Got me high.. Wasnt much at all, I had to scrape the plate alot to get the ball, but it worked. So 7g of stems would work. But probally wouldnt be worth it.

Id save up until you have more than an ounce of stems.

10. Avoid google, go to my guide in my thread, or on here search for qwiso, there will be a guide by hashmouf, oldschoolgrower and.... augustwest i believe, all of them are excellent, and mine is kinda like all of theirs combined

11. Thanks for the info guys!

12. #13 GutteralShiva, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    Meh, If you buy in large amounts often go for it. But if you're only buying an 8th or less a week or so than it's not really worth it n my opinion.

13. I save mine and make canna-oil from them. I blenderize the stems, put them in a jar with oil and set the whole thing in my crockpot with water surrounding it. I use 3 small upside-down jar lids to keep the jar off the bottom- this eliminates any chance of the jar cracking. Since this is rather smelly, I like to do this when it's stormy and everyone is interested in just getting inside, or very late at night!

Canna-oil is nice since it can be put into almost any recipe calling for oil as an ingredient! I use the oil to make my "magic muffins". Edibles work much better on the hubby's neuropathic pain. :D

Granny :wave:

14. I've been saving my stems :hello:.

Can't wait. Im def going to wait a little longer though.:smoke:

15. every time i've soaked my grinder to do this or used leaves/shake it has ended up like kief and not like something i can roll into a ball & that is more gel like. I haven't been straining it with anything and wonder how much that would change it? Soak my grinder then filter that....?

16. do what my freinds do and grind that shit up and mix with cig tobaco and make semi-pot cigs. or whatever i dont get stems.

17. Pretty much sums it up :D

18. ^^^ I also just started saving my stems and was going to wait until i had an ounce or so to do the kwiso..i have seen people make butter with weed and want to do it myself for my birthday but am somewhat skeptical. thinking i could put some stems instead of butter && just use a shitload of them for a summer batch

19. you know, i guess lots of people dont realize this, but if you make qwiso, and decarboxylate it, you can just eat the oil and get high as hell, and avoid making butter, or, even further, make the butter with the qwiso, it absorbs faster anyway lol. I have a grip of qwiso im sitting on right now that i eat/smoke/skillet rip all day, much more useful than stems, and has the ability to be an edible, or be made into edibles, its a win win if you ask me!!