Are spiders ok to have around my plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Old School Smoker, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Ok, I don't know everything. I have seen spider webs woven AROUND my plants but not on them. The spider only attaches a single web strand to the edge of a fan leaf, then spins the rest on the edge of the pot. I left them there, because I figured that spiders don't eat plants, and will catch whatever predetor may want to eat my plants. Is this unsafe?

2. good question I always leave spiders cause I figure the same thing..have a few in my room and dont get bugs besides fungus gnats so who knows

3. well i keep ladybugs in my room and i don't want them to die, so i kill off any spiders i see. but you know what they say a spider is always within 8 feet of you, so good luck really gettin rid of them. i wouldn't let them attach to the plant at all, but if they hang out in other parts of the room let em, might just kill something more nasty.

4. it's ok. I read up on it and it all is good. Thread closed. Thanks for replying.

5. Spiders are beneficial, unless it decides to redecorate your buds obviously.

6. @[member="TinTizzy"], what do you do to control the fungus gnats.  i had them bad my first grow and nothing worked until i top dressed with sand.  i'm just bummed out about that cause i can't really top dress with EWC or anything because of it.