Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

are pot brownies detectable?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hubert, May 20, 2003.

1. I also just found out a friend of my brothers, arrived in Spain only to realize she had a quarter in her bag. sounds good to me.. but idk what airport, i hear newark security is rough?

2. Maybe you could also have some normal brownies and cookies and such in the bag too to disguise it. Like have the pot brownies is between the normal baked goodies:D

3. No doubt i was definately gonna do that, but definately with the carry-on luggage right as if it was just my "snacks" for the long plane ride. Im just a little nervous about any kind of automated detector like those fuckin spray things when you walk through the doorway and it blasts air out little holes for like 1 second. or if when my backpack goes on the little runway through the scanning machine if that detects for the slightest scent of any and all drugs.

4. #24 walkthewalk, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009

there is always a chance of getting caught. If you want to eliminate your chances of getting busted then dont bring them. I would say that the chances of getting caught with brownies would be much lower than getting caught with bud. The fact that you are going out of the country increases the risk a little. I am not 100% sure if they run narcotics dogs through bags at the airpoirt. I think they are more focused on bombs and such. It also depends on where you are going. I have heard of people doing it with a little bud taped to thier nutsack or something like that, but honestly I wouldnt try it. It would be more safe if you carried the brownies in your carry-on luggage or on your person because they only x-ray it.

You are also much more likely to get caught on the return trip bringing shit back into the country. If your not doing that then I dont think your going to have much of a problem. But like I said, I personally wouldnt risk it.

5. You might get away with smuggling them "overseas" or you might not.

If you don't succeed just imagine the eye opening experience of getting to know that other countries legal system and the great thread you could start on here...once they let you back out that is.

But the "little" delay coming back would give you time to write it all up!

6. Yeah, I think the security is more concerned about bombs and shit when you're entering the plane rather then drugs and shit. When I left the country a while back I came back with some bottles of sand and water. (I went to mexico :) ) And when my bag went through the x-ray customs freaked out detained me and questioned me. Although this was in '02 so people were still 9/11 trigger happy. Boy did they feel dumb when they realized it was just sand. :smoking:

I would go with the resealing into ho-hos bags. Since you guys are traveling in a fairly large school group security will be little lax for you. The typical drug smuggler travels alone or in a small group if you have some weed brownies in ho-ho bags intermixed with legit ones in a ho ho box they probably won't 2nd guess it. Make sure everything is air tight sealed to provide yourself with more protection.

Good luck :bongin: and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

7. They probably goin to make you put brownies through x-ray machine which is fine cause they just brownies. I mean if they is a drug/bomb dog around of course they are goin to bark at food?

8. Or even just have a layer of normal brownies on top of the weed brownies.

9. that is no problem
    going out of the country you dont have to worry about shit
    its coming back IN to the country where you get screened and go through 2 hour long custom lines.
    dont put em in ur carry on tho put em in ur suitcase in a tupperware

10. so to be clear...
    dogs can detect the brownies right away?

i heard this was the same with seeds(that dogs can sniff them), a guy who rented a car was stopped by customs mexico/us border because a dog smelled one seed that was in the center console.

11. dogs can pretty much smell anything they have over 220 million sent receptors in their nose while us humans only have 5 million. but in regards to bring brownies on a plane my cousin does it all the time when his family goes out of the country on vacation and they live in New Jersey so they usually fly out of Newark

12. idk why everyone keeps bringing up dogs... personally i have never seen them at an airport. i went out of the country twice over the past 2 weeks and didnt see a single dog.

13. Rastaman, why do you say in luggage, not on carry-on. And i agree with that statement about the incoming security rather than outgoing. My partner in crime who is in on this operation with me spoke to his mom who went to Italy a month ago. She said leaving they didnt say anything, it was the return trip where security was rough.

14. for real?? they scan food?

15. because your carry on is very likely to be searched and there are some place where u aren't allowed to bring food either. sides lets say u accidentally leave a bottle of water in ur backpack and it gets opened up. brownies shouldn't smell but u dont wanna take the chance. Plus if i saw a kid goin through security with a pack of brownies in his backpack i'd probly be a bit suspicious. Ur luggage is much safer.

16. Yes

Yes, Yes.... Yes.

Bringing drugs on a plane is rolling the dice

a trained dog isnt going to have any problems smelling any trace of marijuana no matter where it is

the scent of brownies wont trick a dog

is your trip worth the brownies?
    is your freedom worth your brownies?

17. what airports do you guys go to where you see drug dogs? cause i go to the ones right around our nation's capital Washington D.C. less than 15 minutes from the White House and don't see them there.

18. Agreed, even when traveling to Mexico, yes.. Mexico, I didn't encounter any dogs, flying out of either Laguardia or Jfk, I forget. yo but RastaMon I was planning on eating one brownie after the security part, and I would only be able to do so with them in my bag. I mean If I have a thing of like cookies and brownies and shit, for all they know its my nibblings for the plane right? how suspicious is that, and need i stress again the lameness of the group I'm around.

19. I think, If you are worried about getting caught with them in your tupperware container, You should make two batches. One with the MJ in it, and one with out. You put the weed ones in the bottom of the container, and the clean ones on the top, and sepparate each layer (if you have more then 2 layers) with paper towel. Plus this also makes for munching on when already stoned.

Its never a good idea to eat more special brownies just cause you already have the munchies, and they look delicious.

20. i'd say bring 1 w/ u then and leave the others in ur suitcase. a batch of brownies in ur carry on might look weird but just 1 and they'll think its ur breakfast or something. either way i dont think its that risky.