Are portable vaporizers any good?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Coconut_Express, Jun 24, 2013.

1. If you are going to get a vape, I don't recommend cheaping out.

I have spent over $750 on vapes and the best one is the Pax. Everyone on youtube says the MFLB is really great, but I don't really like it. The only pain in the ass with the Pax is that you have to clean it alot, but it performs AMAZING and gets 100% out of your weed for me.

If you just want your smoke to be a bit healthier then just go with some cheap glass bong or bubbler, the water will filter out alot of the ash which is better for your lungs.

Long term: Get a vape :)

Why would you consider the Pax better than the Solo being that the Pax is 100% conduction, and the Solo is primarily convection?

3. #4 Orcaman, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013

I never really studied the science behind my vaping, I am just giving feedback on personal experience. I noticed when you pack the pax well enough you would get amazing and huge hits that aren't harsh at all which makes it the best for me.

It also looks great

4. If you're looking for portable for flower, I would recomend the Solo Arizer or the Pax by Ploom.  Both are portable (Pax being more portable) and in my opinion, the best portables out there.  I have never used a Pax, but it was my 2nd choice to the Solo Arizer.  The reason I went with the Arizer was the price and I don't need a vape I can fit in my pocket.  I actually never take my Solo anywhere, I just use it at my desk.

A good starter vape would be the Magic Flight Launch Box.  The MFLB is simple to use, very compact, and the best bang for your buck when it comes to starter vaporizers.  I regret passing up the MFLB.  I got the PuffIt Vaporizer (looks like an inhaler) and I didn't enjoy it at all.  I think the MFLB runs under $50.

If you're looking for non-portable, the Volcano is very popular but its like $600+.  Other great vaporizers are the Silver Surfer and Da Buddha vaporizer.  A lot of great reviews on both.

All of this is from my own research when I was looking at vapes (around 4/20).  If you go on youtube and search vaporizer reviews you'll find great info on different vaporizers and you can also see them in action. 

Some things to look for:
    -Vapor Density:
    I like my vapor to be a little thicker cause I like to look at the vapor when it comes out and sometimes play with it.
    -Vapor Taste:
    You want to taste the vapor, not plastic or metal from your vaporizer.  The PuffIt had a plastic taste to it.
    -Session/Battery Life:
    What are you primarily using the vaporizer for?  Groups?  Personal?  A few friends?
    -Cosmetics:
    Whatever piques at your fancy.  The Pax (my opinion) is the most beautiful portable vaporizer, even though I have a Solo.

5. #6 Orcaman, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
    Check out

http://youtu.be/T2ax8mr3XvQ

6. Thanks for all the responses guys! I think I'm just going to wait for my next Birthday and get the Solo vape. From what I've seen, the quality of the vapor is better than what the Pax produces because it is a convector and not a conductor. However it's less discrete than the Pax, which is why a lot of people don't like it as much.

7. #8 BigDaddyVapor, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    I think they are! (portable vaporizers good)

HD1080/HQ SOUND
    http://youtu.be/tPf6kzh_hE8

8. I love my: 1372372271293.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Some are, some aren't.

10. Do you get as stoned? Yes, especially if you get a high-quality vape. The best vapes get you higher with the same or less amount of herbs.

Is vaporizing healthier than smoking? Absolutely. No carbon monoxides, radicals, particulates.

11. I prefer the vape pens for concert settings.  Also, if available, consider trying concentrates with a vape pen.  I don't even like hitting out of a pipe anymore, too nasty.  All about that vaping.

12. The Solo gives me the best effects with the least amount of herb that anything else (smoking etc..)
    Also with the solo you can turn it upside down and vape bowls of kief and hash without the risk of damaging the unit. The only thing is my battery is fucked, but I think I just was unfortunate with it

13. #14 Pkrangerown, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    Another good portable vape I haven't heard mentioned is the Da Vinci it's about 110& on ebay, it's more portable then the solo in my opinion it's just about the size Of a small walkie talkie