Are plants to close to each other

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 28gramsadaysmoker, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Are my plants to close to each other n is my 1000wt light to far ?

Attached Files:

2. plant spacing seems fine. make sure you can get around them or turn them at least for pruning/trimming though.

1000 watt light should be no closer than 12" from top of plants (unless you're using a cooltube).

3. Looks like a country mile between those plants to me. Mine are packed so tight they only fit in there one way and the branches run into each other fighting for light. That's what I get for stuffing 4 in a 4x4 again. I'm back to two next run.

4. Same shit haha I veg'd without owning a tent so I wasn't really paying attention... now my plants only fit in one way and even then some of the buds overlap fighting each other for space haha... hell my one plants getting to heavy to support itself. I just use the second plant to help prop it up. That's why my next grow I'm planning on doing me a scrog and trying to get a nice even canopy. Oh and now the bastards don't fit in the sink or hardly the tub so hell I Minds well do a scrog I have nowhere to water them besides the tent when they get so large anyway... sure as hell not just casually taking them outside haha

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

5. Last crop I had a plant basically falling over. By the time I chopped it down most of the main buds were bent down almost to the floor. I grow bucket DWC and I couldn't tie the buds up and have to untie them every time I changed the water. Tried to change it in the tent and I stuffed a top into the exhaust fan.

The best thing to do IMO is to veg them a little too big and then just do some extra good pruning once you put them in flower and a second time 2 weeks after start of flower to reshape the new growth. If you do a good job then you can shape a perfect canopy and have the larger root/stem structure of the larger plant you had before the pruning. This results in a faster feed rate and larger colas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm thinking these plants have a hell of a bigger root system than my last grow... I hope so at least Hell I'm just glad these don't go 8-9 days without needing water like my last plants haha. But my first harvest when I went to go dump the soil out it turns out only 1/3rd of the soil had roots in it the roots never made it to the bottom nor did they really wrap around the soil much... idk I could of fit its roots in a 2 gal container easy though surprised me I still ended up getting my goal anyhow and the plant stayed relatively healthy all grow without really giving me any problems.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

7. Anyhow my bad OP not trying to hijack the thread

8. They fit fine. But they will grow so you may not be able to say the same in a month :confused_2: I am sure youll be just fine lol