Are pigs flying? Pro MMJ for kids FOX News article

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Storm Crow, Aug 16, 2013.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2013
    Look at this from FOX!   :eek:  (When FOX is coming out in favor of MMJ for minors, you KNOW we have won! :smoke: )

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/15/medical-marijuana-for-children-should-be-approved-by-governor-christie/

Dr. Manny: Medical marijuana for children should be approved by Governor Christie

I know that the term marijuana brings up a lot of controversy, especially regarding broad legalization of the drug. On that aspect, I still have certain concerns, but when it comes to the medical properties of marijuana, I strongly support its use
    There is overwhelming evidence to suggest that medical marijuana has helped thousands of patients that suffer from chronic medical ailments, whether you're talking about management of chronic pain, nausea or GI problems or enhancement of appetite.

Additionally, there seems to be data suggesting that in certain neurological diseases, some of the chemical properties of marijuana might also be beneficial.  Such is the case with Vivian Wilson, 2, whose father is urging New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to pass a law making it easier for children to obtain medical marijuana.

Wilson suffers from Dravet Syndrome, a severe, difficult-to-control epileptic condition. Her father, Brian, has said that ingestible extracts of certain strains of marijuana high in a compound known as CBD and low in THC, the chemical that gets pot users high, have reportedly helped children with Wilson's condition.

Now, Gov. Christie has said he will decide by Friday whether to sign the bill into law.
    We will have more coverage on this tomorrow on FoxNewsHealth.com[​IMG],  but clearly the governor must do the right thing and allow medical marijuana, for certain medical conditions, to be legally used in the state of New Jersey.

Yes, I know that proper monitoring and control of marijuana must be kept in check. But, one thing is certain: Medical marijuana in the 21st century is here to stay. What politicians must do is to create proper regulatory reforms so that science can move forward while substance abuse remains totally controlled.

Watch for more doctors speaking out since Dr Gupta changed his mind about cannabis! :yay:

Granny 

2. Fox news of all news programs...we need CNN on this.

3. I thought Christie has his eye on the White House.  If so, do you honestly think he's going to do anything to jeopardize his campaign?   I'm not going to hold my breath.  

4. there is a clear shift of momentum and understanding. 

5. Guys consider WHO reads FOXNews! THEY are exactly the folks we need to convince! Dr Gupta is taking care of the CNN watchers, but those FOX News folks still consider cannabis as the "devil's weed with roots in hell"! Seeing one of their own doctors come out in favor of MMJ for children is earth-shaking for the FOXnews readers! :eek:

Granny

6. #6 Carne Seca, Aug 16, 2013

My favorite tactic is to tell them that Cannabis is mentioned in the bible and used regularly.  It was called Kaneh-Bosm which was mistakenly identified as Calamus that has little medicinal or monetary value.    Apparently the mis-identification happened with the earliest greek translation of the bible, The Septuagint.  The error was repeated with each translation.  It is mentioned five times in the Old Testament in the books Exodus, the Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.

Recent archaeological evidence out of Palestine/Israel shows that Cannabis use was around during the time of Jesus.  I love to watch the confusion and dismay when I bring this up.  Sometimes it takes a two-by-four to the head to get your point across. 

7. If you are going the "Bible route" to educate the less enlightened folks, these ought to delight you, Carne!

The Great Keneh Bosem Debate - Part 1         (article – 2009)  http://www.cannabisculture.com/node/20688

Part 2 of the Great Keneh Bosem Debate:   (article – 2009)
    http://www.cannabisculture.com/blogs/2009/11/23/Part-2-Great-Keneh-Bosem-Debate

Jesus Healed Using Cannabis     (news - 2003)  http://www.entheology.org/edoto/anmviewer.asp?a=111

The Holy Anointing Oil   (article/ recipe - undated)
                    http://oregonmedicalmarijuanaprogram.com/the_holy_anointing_oil

Comment on "Did Jesus use cannabis?"            (forum post – 2011)
    http://www.quora.com/Did-Jesus-use-cannabis/answer/Tim-ONeill-1/comment/278396

Granny

8. #8 Carne Seca, Aug 16, 2013

Oh my God, I love you Granny!  That is amazing!   Thank you for the links.   :D   I live in a small Mormon community and the ignorance here is astounding.  

I found a poll regarding the bill Christie is deciding whether to sign or not. It's at nj.com a New Jersey newspaper website.   Below are the results. I hope Christie is paying attention. 

[​IMG]

9. #9 Storm Crow, Aug 16, 2013
    That List of mine has all sorts of interesting stuff in it! To get your FREE, 1,200+ page PDF of the List, just check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email! Or just PM me your email address! Either way works!

(My father lived in Utah for a while- loved to scandalize his Mormon neighbors by sitting out on his porch in just shorts (at around 275 pounds) drinking a beer and smoking his pipe!)

Granny

I got my degree at BYU.   LOL

11. Yeah and I think the momentum of that shift has now tilted the scales and cant be stopped! :hello:  :smoke:  :bongin:

12. Well, he conditionally vetoed it.  Now it goes back to the legislature and if they make the changes he requested it will be signed into law.  ::sigh::

13. http://nj1015.com/christie-oks-minors-to-join-medical-marijuana-program/

this happened today^^^^^^   yes it got vetoed but it will pass after they make his changes 

I love my state but come on,  the laws are Draconian in nature do you really need 3 docs telling you yes it's safe for your child to use high cbd content cannabis...and why the psychiatrist visit.  These children have no mental disorder.

Christie sucks and he's a cop at heart so he will always drag his heels on this stuff.  I can't wait till he's out of Jersey and please don't vote for him for president...please...

14. #14 Carne Seca, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    I can't even imagine the cost of three doctor visits and a psychiatrist that charges by the nano-second.  What health insurance would cover this?  It's just another added burden. Especially for families already struggling with huge medical bills.  I guess Christie thinks everyone has self-control issues like his fat ass. 

Office visits? 125 bucks give or take with the no insurance discount. 

16. Like I said he's a cop at heart so................Let's just hope he doesn't make it to the white house.

I wonder IF Hillary is gonna run against him??

17. #17 onkruid, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
    I live in Jersey....they are charging anywhere from 50-300$$....that's a huge dif. Heard it on the radio today.

btw...been writing my senator through NORMAL and a few other channels and if anybody from Jersey knows how to put a petition together that would be legal in NJ I would help as much as possible.  Just a thought. :gc_rocks:

18. Is that with the no insurance discount? 

19. No discount...IDK if there is an insurance company in the state that would even think about paying for mmj.

20. Well what I'm saying is a lot of people when you go to the doctors office fora  visit or what not after you are done they usually offer you a discount if you don't have insurance. It's usually only like 20% but still. Almost every doctors office has it.