Are people honestly this dumb...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Apr 8, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

People still forward this stuff... What is this, I don't even...

2. I saw it too...who knows lol.

3. What's wrong with that? If people actually did that the price level of gas would drop a little in the short run, plus it'd be better for the environment even if its only one day. And at least it didn't say you'll die if you don't do it haha

4. So hard to orchestrate this efficiently enough to actually make anything drastic happen....

5. If anything, if they lost a major cut in profits, the only logical response would be to raise gas to cover the expenses.

And it won't help the enviroment at all. People will still use gasoline that day, even if everyone doesn't buy gas that day, they either bought it the day before, or the day after. Usage wouldn't drop, it would just be displaced from one day to another.

Plus, it looks like a spiteful mother wrote this trying to troll everyone. lol at "Let's put a dent in Middle Eastern oil, even for a day!"

6. "hey everybody. we can take down those big bad oil bullies if we all just unite and protest together!"

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. the funniest thing is, your litre of petrol is practically half the price of the UK's and we aren't trying to organize a protest in the slightest D:

8. How about:
    April 15'th 2012. BUY A FUCKING BICYCLE.
    I just moved into a new apartment so funds are tight.
    But I'm creating a savings account to save up to buy a motorcycle.
    I'm still keeping my car for rainy days and for travelling with friends and stuff.
    But for my gf and I, a motorocycle makes perfect sense.

9. Yes Sheldon, they truly are. Can. Not. Compute.

10. #10 Chrismittty, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    ...hippitus hoppitus deus domine...

[​IMG] Less blastage for ya DSC.

11. The difference is in 1997 companies still worried about activism, Now companies know that activism is dead in america and people will just roll over and take it in the ass..

12. Not quite... I think lobbying and government policies are more to blame for companies having almighty power. There is NO reason a company should have political ties.

13. anyone who thinks a one day boycott of gas would do anything is retarded im sorry people....maybe one month or one year would do something i don't know if it would be a good thing though

14. I read a article on msnbc or some silly website that broke down how ineffective this would be. Obviously I should take it with a grain of salt, but eitherway that number is grossly inflated and the only people going to be kind of harmed are the actual gas stations(which make very little money off gas) and even that's a slim chance because, well, YOU STILL NEED GAS. And if you don't fill up on the 15th, you're filling up on the 13th, 14th, or 16th.

Facebook and the internet really do give people this bloated sense of achievement when in fact they really do jack. Like all the people who sign petitions online? That accomplishes nothing, that's like giving a presidential candidate your card and thinking you lobbied them.

15. Thank you for expressing all my opinions :) I agree with literally everything you said, and you said it much better than I would have been able to.

16. I'd like to think I can be eloquent when the need arises. Haha :p

17. When I saw this I was all WHAAAAAAAAAAT...

but then I was all....actually I'm still all WHAAAAAAAAAT...

18. I really don't get it, aren't they just going to buy gas the next day?

19. Yes they would loose money that day, and just get it back when everyone has to fill up again. If they really want to make a dent in their pockets there would be posts saying for everyone to walk, ride their bikes, or ride a fucking horse and look like a bad ass for a whole month.

I would ride a horse for a month, like a boss

20. Yup. Btw is your name in reference to street light manifesto?