Are peacoats gay?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by NysourD, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Good for the preppy kid / douchebag smoker look

2. Peacoats are phresh as phuck

3. Wtf kind of question is that? Peacoats keep you warm. Thats not gay.

4. #64 TrippinKara, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    so if you don't agree with how somebody wears something you assume they "don't know how to dress" ???. As long as I don't see anybodies assholes/vaginas/asscracks/nipples I could care less what people are wearing. People wear what they like and what they can afford, maybe you should stop judgeing people.. its not like their wardrobe is affecting you at all, as long as their private parts are kept private.....

the fashion industry is disgusting and makes people feel like shit about themselves for no reason. Congratulations on being a sheep and buying into the bullshit.

5. ^ I dunno if its because im high, that made no sense to me and wear its a jacket keep urself warm.

6. Buying nice clothes doesn't have to be expensive. People can look good with whatever budget they can afford. It's nice to say don't judge people but assessing people based on appearance is a fact of life. First impressions count for a lot. If I hire a lawyer to work on a case for me I expect him to show up in a three piece suit. It gives confidence to his client. When you see a marine officer in uniform that means something.

I would have to disagree, the fashion industry promotes satisfaction among people. If they dress well they feel good. Of course, it can cause people to feel bad, but that's a product of insecurity. If someone wants to dress how they want they should be proud, whether it's a tie dye t shirt with flip flops or a denim button up with slacks.

Looking good doesn't mean being a sheep. Look good with what you have. The only criticism I have of the fashion industry is their overuse of cotton. But bamboo clothing is on the rise and a greener alternative. Stay smart

7. ^seriously. I went to a thrift shop and bought a ton of American Eagle and Hollister shirts for around $5 a piece. I found awesome looking Korean clothes online for ridiculously cheap (even the shipping was free, they just took like a month to get here). H&M and Hot Topic have great sales every now and then. (There's no better place to buy skinny jeans than Hot Topic. regardless of the store's reputation, they've got some great shit.)

You just need to figure out what looks good on you. Fortunately, peacoats tend to look good on almost anybody. A good jacket makes a huge difference too.

8. Man, this thread made me laugh. I own and wear a pea-coat from time to time and when necessary but I am not even going to lie, sometimes I do feel somewhat self-concious wearing it. haha. I guess it's a step above what I am comfortable and used to wearing around as a jacket.

They can be a nice look though and to be honest I have reached an age that I need to look less bummy and start caring a little more about my appearance. Weather I like it or not. haha. This eventually forces me to go shopping every now and then for new clothes. The thing is I legitimately enjoy looking nice I just hate the act of shopping.