Are Outdoor Strains Strictly Outdoor?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tainted_Purity, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Well, the title says it all really, but a bit more info is probably needed:

I have some Early Misty seeds, and I have planted one, and it is 3 weeks old, and looks pretty healthy (apart from some of the very first leaves are going a bit brown on the tips, and are possibly dying). But I was wandering if my plant will survive indoors now that I have found out that is it an outdoor plant, and is it bad that the older leaves are going brown? (I've only fed it once, and that was a week and a half ago)

2. outdoor indoor is fine.........as for the leaves, how old is the plant,? don't feed till approx 3 weeks old, as the soil allready has nutes in it...........Peace out..........Sid

3. It is 3 weeks old, its just that it said that Early misty can stand cold climates, and the temp. it is at now is about 26c. So i thought it might be a bit too warm

4. 26 is fine..........as for the brown leaf tips, that's probably due to the fert added when it was 1 1/2 weeks old, when the leaves overheat they usually curl up at the tips and sides, as a self-defence mechanism, to close itself off to the heat.........if you really wanted to add fert at such a young age, i would have used maybe 1/6-1/8th strengh, and slowly increase.........flush it through with some ph adjusted water, or it may be o.k. as you haven't added any since then, just depends on what strength you added and how much of it.........Peace out.........Sid

5. I added fert that early coz I didn't fully know what I was doing, it was until I found it was dangerous, I stopped ferting, but when I ferted it, it was about 1/4 of the amount it said, and it was pretty weak stuff (9-5-6). So you think it is the fert then, I just thought it was strange seeing as the signs have only appeared 1 1/2 weeks afterwards, and although I haven't been ferting since, it has been getting progressively worse, the leaves aren't dying of age are they?

6. we'd really need a pic to be sure, a pic speaks a thousand words.......what kind of light are they under?.........Peace out...........Sid

7. Flouresecent bulbs, although the light gives off no heat, the actual lamp does (hard to explain), I will take a picture, but I can't at the mo

8. easier seid than done my friend!

9. Photo1:

Attached Files:

10. outdoor seeds usually grow fine with no problems indoor, except that they usually tend to be bigger plants than indoor varities and have a much stronger odor....

11. Photo 2:

Attached Files:

12. Photo 3:

Attached Files:

13. Photo 4:

Attached Files:

14. yip, looks like fert burn, the cotlydons at the bottom being the worst, i take it you broke off that big lump?..........Peace out.......Sid

15. How often are you watering? That pot looks soaked.

16. yeah i noticed that, maybe he flused the soil........Peace out......Sid

17. No, I water (well, mist) once a day, which is exceptable because I have John Innings No.2 compost which drains DAMN quickly, the picture was taken just after a watering. And no, I didn't rip off that chunk off the leaf, I really don't know how that got there. Will my plant be okay?

18. should be now, as it gets older, it gets more resiliant, unless that chunk that's missing get's bigger, or appears somewhere else, then you may have some kind or paracite...........check real close with a magnyfying glass, and makesure it isn't, check under the leaf's and on the soil for any...........Peace out........Sid

19. Should I cut off the brown, burnt leafs?

20. no just leave them when the plant doesn't want/need something it ditches it itself...........Peace out.........Sid