are nutrients necessary

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by wsgone, Jul 3, 2016.

1. I was wondering if you grow a plant without nutrients and it is healthy will the quality of flower be good? Or would it be better quality if I would have used nutrients? The soil is good though its ocean forest fox farm.

2. The problem with commercial soils such as Fox Farm makes is that they aren't designed to get you all the way through veg and then all the way through flower. Minimal soil amendments are added and so the plants "lose steam", forcing the gardener to go back to the store and buy their bottled nutrients.

To answer your original question, though - yes, providing the plant stays healthy then the quality of the flowers should be just fine. Nutrients are not necessary unless the soil becomes depleted.

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. I read somewhere that there is usually enough nutes to get you through veg.

4. I guess that depends on how long you veg.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There are alot of water only soil mixes that you can find online, and mix yourself.

Google "water only soil for cannabis" I'm sure tons of recipes will come up.

• Like Like x 4
  6. If you worried about flower, just add some mollases and some -P-K- you almost certainly find around the house. Throw it in some water and feed every few days or as needed.

I used fox farm soil awhile back and happy frog. They did well till about the last week or so of veg, then I started noticing small deficiency indicators and started using organic matter/ nutes I had around the house.
    After you get done with the current grow, look onto making your own soil mix. Then you need not worry about anything just plant and water.
    Cheers man hopefully that helped. Seriously though check the no-till section or the organic soils recipes threads.

Sent from my Z936L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1