are normal energy saving floros good? Please help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stonehenge919, Aug 13, 2007.

1. i have 3 normal energy saving floros and 2 N:Vision Daylight floros. The total amount of watt output is 99W, close to 9000 lumens. I Was wondering if the normal energy saving floros are good or if i should switch to all day light floros or a mix between soft whites and day lights?

2. Things that matter in terms of lighting:

-Lumen output
    -Color spectrum

3. the day light ones seem like a brilliant white with a slight slight blue tint hardly noticable and the others are slightly orange-red..........am i good? i got 100 total watts and 9000 lumens. the plant is 14 inches tall and pre flowering

4. Color spectrum is measured in degrees Kelvin. Blue spectrum (6400K) is better for vegetative and red spectrum (2700k) is better for flowering. Of course there's nothing that says you can't veg with red and flower with blue or grow with a happy mix of the two.

The rule of thumb is ~10k lumens per plant and no less than ~5k. Your current lighting setup should be sufficient for your plant :)