are nightcrawers good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1of1, Feb 17, 2009.

1. What's up gc? i was wondering if i threw a dozen or two of nightcrawers in my fox farm soil would there be any advantages or would they eat at my roots and mess my lady up?

2. i think nightcrawlers are used for ORGANIC soil mixes only.......i could be wrong..

3. They would not eat your roots, if they survive they would be good for your plant because they would aerate the soil, allowing oxygen in deep which not only do the MJ roots need but also the microorganisms that form a symbiotic relationship with your plant down in the soil. But, they may not survive depending on the type of soil, nutes, additives, etc. If they do die, no harm no foul.

4. ya, i was thinking that you would be adding nutes to your soil, which may kill the nightcrawlers......

with organic it's in the soil and your just adding water, not so much of a problem....

needless to say they will be good if your nutes you feed the plant weekly don't kill them...

5. ok cool,I just had a couple of em left after trout fishing,the only thing i worry about is the smell of em decomposing if they die.
    Thanks for the info!