Are my temps and humidity too low?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Bryce61, Mar 11, 2020.

1. I Just noticed my leave stems are purple on a lot of stems on two different plants with diff genetics.
    Humidity is between 37 and 42 and the temps are 66 at night (give or take) and 71 to 74 during lights on.
    In an organic mix with a top feed of Dr Earths organic 2-2-2 Only used ferts once because the soil is teeming with goodies.
    The plants are 2 weeks into flower under Kind LED, 21 inches above pots.
    My Ph going in is usually just about 6.8. I cant get my digital meter into the run off but my soil ph meters both are about the same.
    Thanks for the help.

2. The temps are fine and the humidity isn't bad, maybe a tad low. Are the plants still growing? If everything else looks normal its probably genetic. If growth seems to have stalled its probably a magnesium deficiency. What type of media are you growing in?

3. I'm in an organic mix. I have some Cal-Mag around somewhere. I'll try a low dose of that and see what happens. I hope cal-mag dont hurt my organic soil. I'll have to check and see what it derived from.

4. IF it is a magnesium deficiency then i would use a little epsom salt unless you're showing signs of calcium deficiency as well. Did you mix your own soil or did you buy an organic mixed soil? can you post a couple pictures?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry no pics yet. I have a few, but it with the LED on. The soil is a pro mix type of organic mix with worm castings, bone meal, kelp, perlite, plus a bunch of other shit. Its fairly well balanced. I also put a tbls of blackstrap every other watering

6. I also noticed today that my new growth is very very light green. Almost turning yellow, bet not quite.
    I'll get some pics closer to lights out and post them later.

7. Epsom salt for sulfur and magnesium. Foliar or water in

8. Thanks. What leads you to sulfur? Is that just an extra you get with Epsom salts?

9. Leaves go light green and stems go red with sulfur def.. Epsom salt is an organic and soluble source of both sulfur and magnesium. It's my first go-to when my plants show red stems or light green leaves.

10. Could be overwatered too. Looks similar

11. Thanks again bro. What is your amount per gal. I'll go pick some up

• Like Like x 1
  12. This is them! 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. You're welcome. I cant remember exactly how much. Maybe 1 Tbsp per gallon... Says on the container of epsom salt...

14. Your plants look great! New growth will always be lighter green than the older vegetation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. And the purple stems don't bother you? I was worried because the plant on the left is a purple variety and indica dominant. The other is a sour deisel, sativa dominant. With both of them showing purple leave stems, I figured I was causing it somehow. Thanks

16. They look good man. The purpling is probably just genetic. My temps range from 60-80 lights off and on, and rh is 35-60 lights on and off. Just because you're not in the perfect range doesn't mean you cant grow good pot.

I reread your first post and your temp an rh are close to perfect lol
    20200312_051030.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Yes I think your plants look great. Just keep watering them they do not look deficient :)

One thing i would suggest - Don't grow multiple strains at the same time until your comfortable with it. Stick with a strain until you know exactly what to expect. As you gain more experience you can venture down that rabbit hole but try to keep it simple.

18. My friend had a sour deisel that either got some pollen or hermied, and I had an ounce of it. I have about 30 free seeds so I've been trying them out. So far all 4 I've planted were female. The purp was a leftover from my last hydro grow. I like having two or more different strains together so I can see the diff between them as they grow. Plus, I'm not a rich man so if it's free it's for me! Thank you all for sharing your experience with a nube organic guy. If I dont forget my password, I'll post some more pics as they get closer to done! lol

19. Hermies that self pollinate will always be female, just be careful they are more prone to hermie themselves.