Are my standards too high or am I just weird?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by onehitwonder38, Jan 17, 2012.

1. #1 onehitwonder38, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    I'm a junior in college and have never been in a relationship. I've gotten asked out a couple of times and could have had a bf if I wanted to, but I'm not the kind of girl that has a bf for the sake of having a bf. It wouldn't be fair if I went out with them and didn't like them like that, and I also don't want to feel like I'm settling.

It seems like there have been very few guys I've liked (I seem to like fewer guys, b/c I like them for long periods of time) and I'm wondering why this is. I think i have too high of standards and feel as if no one is going to meet them, so I'll be alone forever. I guess the only reason it's really been bothering me lately though is b/c I feel as if I'm wasting my youth. I mean what other time in my life can I smoke a bowl with a bf, sneak around at night in the park while adventuring, go home and eat pizza and bang? You can't do that when you're 30.

I'm average weight, I consider myself pretty smart (I go to a prestigious university), I like watching sports, I think I'm fun (I've been skydiving), so I don't get it? It seems like the guys who do meet my standards or are close are either fictional, gay, or are so great they wouldn't want to be with me. It's not even like I ask for super model looking guys, in fact I prefer guys who are a bit huskier. Thoughts?

2. Take some control, you seem to be quite confident in yourself. Guys are easy to read, if you've caught them looking at you more than twice without talking to each other, he probably likes you.

Try to catch a guy's eye that you like then take control from there. Go out on a whim if you really want a guy you want.

3. Depends on your standards of what you want in a guy. I dated a girl that liked everything about me but made it no secret that she wanted a guy that EARNED. I didnt at the time and got dumped. Ran into the girl at the store the other day, been 4 yrs, and shes still looking for Mr. Right....

4. I guess I just have ridiculous personality standards. The guy needs to go to a good school and be very well educated and versed, passionate, ambitious, and cultured. Someone who can keep me grounded, but still is willing to go along with my shenanigans and be spontaneous and adventurous. I guess I'm into type-A guys, but usually successful, confident, and ambitious guys are also not the same kind of guys that are also laidback and will just bs with you. I guess my problem is conflicting types that don't mesh?

5. Ohhhh. Sounds a lot like the ex i previously mentioned. Yeah your two types of what your wanting dont really mesh. I know a lot of guys in the first category of what your into, thier heads are so far up thier own asses because they had to be type-a to get to thier position that the laidback chill person they used to be frankly doesnt exist anymore.

6. Drop the 'has to go to a good school' thing too. Some of the most successful intelligent people ive ever known either went to community colleges or your good but not nameworthy schools. Especially in todays competitive atmosphere and shitty economical situation, not everyones gonna be able to go to a school where the name alone opens doors.

7. Whoa, you went skydiving? You must be very fun

8. You never meantion your looks directly.

Guys are very visually put together so if you look good or can look good, then there is no reason why you couldnt get a guy.

Almost all decent looking girls can get ANY guy they want, also the 'out of reach' ones if you set your mind and pussy to it.

Sorry but it is the truth so perhaps you need to dissolve the boundaries you set up for yourself and go for it.