Are my seedlings okay?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by d00pie, Jul 22, 2013.

1. #1 d00pie, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    Hi everyone!

This is my first grow and Im already worried with my seedlings (Blue Mystic Fem. from Nirvana)

I'm not sure they are okay, since they look different from what Ive seen in other grow journals and video tutorials.

2013-07-22 13.15.41.jpg
    2013-07-22 13.11.10.jpg

^This was the first seed I planted (7 days ago). I didn't have the PH equipment yet, so I just planted it in a rockwool cube that was soaked in tap water + a tiny bit of BioBuzz Root Juice.

2013-07-22 13.12.46.jpg
    ^This is one of the 3 seeds I planted 3 days ago in rockwool cubes soaked in PH 5.5-6 water. Also with a bit of BioBuzz Root Juice. The other two already started growing but arent showing leafs yet.

The cubes seemed a bit dry, so yesterday I sprayed a bit of water mist on them.

They are under a humidity dome and a 62W CFL (24hrs on). I think they might be a bit too close to the light. I took a photo with my hand so you can see the approx. distance.
    2013-07-22 13.16.20 copy.jpg

Are my babies not okay? :(

2. They may be stretching because your light is not close enough.  What kind of light are you using

3. My bad I didn't see the whole post.  I'm not sure whats going on

4. What about the leaves? Isn't it weird that they are curled like that?
    The light is a 62W CFL 6500K (3500 Lumen), in a reflector.

5. Too Much water in the medium maybe?

6. Looks like too much water in the rockwool. If you can squeeze it gently and get moisture rising to the top it is too wet.

7. Thanks, I think that's it. Some of them did have moisture rising to the top when I squeezed them.

So now I squeezed some water of them out . Is that enough?

Also, when lifting them up, I noticed that the oldest one already has a long root growing out from the bottom and the others are also already showing roots on the bottom. I remember reading somewhere that once the roots grow out from the bottom, I should plant them into pots (or bigger rockwool cubes). But it seems so early no?

8. I would say, since your seeing good root developement, get them into your growing medium. Plant them deep enough so that they get good support from the soil(?). Then, get your light as close as yoy can. CFL, about 1 1/2-2 1/2 inches away. Try to keep any leafs off the bulb as they get bigger, cfls will burn them.

Take a peak http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1221460-Cfl-Box-Grow,-Round-#2#entry18148508

9. Going to grow with Coco (which will be a lot harder to overwater, so I should be okay  :D ).

Yea, thanks everyone for the tips. So Ill move them into the coco tomorrow... I was also really surprised how quickly the roots grew.

10. Anytime just stay active and stay baked :bongin: