Are my seedlings... doomed..? pics included

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tallycoolies, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Hello all.. new to the forum.. have my afghan kush ryder going in a superbox. It's a week old since seed and the seedlings don't look good.. using 200W feliz cool spectrum light for vege stage, box temp is around 83~88F, RH around 51%.. I left the light cycle to 18/6 but the switch wasn't fully turned... ended up completely drying out the rockwools.. the stems fell over and it came back up after soaking the rockwool with water. I changed out the rockwools because I've been saturating the crap out of it and found out that wasn't the way to go. Does my seedling have chance to revive? The leaves on the first one has yellowish stain and looks like it's drying out... the second one's worse.. the leaves are all curled in and.. blackish dead..Also I leave my box door open since I have heat issues if I close it.. is that ok as far as the seedlings not getting enough energy? from the picture it looks pretty sick and any advice in advance would be helpful. Thank you..

Attached Files:

2. In a hydro type set up you dont want the rockwool completely drying out. I would try to get your temps down from 88 thats getting to hot. As for how well they will recover only time will tell. I use a bubble cloner with rockwool and they stay wet but not that hot in temps.

3. you need to get those in something bigger, more permanent. drying up can totally kill them and make it very difficult for them to recover, if they can recover at all.mmi'd have those in a clone dome for a while.

4. alright.. thanks for the info gents... I left the closet door open to let some cool air get in and I'm seeing it drops to about... 81 ish... light still at 18/6... will see what happens.. the first seedling is actually developing 2nd set of leaves in the middle so.. I guess it's not totally doomed..

5. Ditch the rock wool that is not necessary at all for growing. Solo cup is better in my opinion then those. You dont even have to do that if you dont want. Germinate in a wet towel in the future and plant in its final pot.

6. u also might wanna get a thermometer and sit it next to the plants so u can measure how hot it is at the plant level

7. aiite... my seedlings didn't make it... R.I.P... learned alot for my first experience...
    Germinating another 2 AKR... this time I think... and maybe a bit sure that I know what I will do... thanks for all the imputs... thinking about starting a journal as it seems to get lots of help~!!

8. I believe veg needs warm light, cool is for flower. although I've been using cool on mine cuz its all I have.

9. For CFL`s, daylight for veg as close to 6500k rating as you can find and soft white for flower as close to 2500k rating.