Are my plants too small?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gro_Darkstar, Feb 10, 2017.

1. IMG_4168.JPG IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG Been looking at a lot of pics. Just wondering what people think about the size of my plants. They are 25 days since sprout.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hi mate it could be they are getting a bit root bound in them pots ,,i bet if yoiu were to pot them up in to larger pots they would shoot up..they like like indica plants and they do stay quite low and shorter than indica/sat hybrids or sativa plants ,,but they look nice and healthy ,heres a [picture of my jilly bean (fem) around about the same age i potted it up today ,,,mac Image1768.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. They look nice. Repot like mactheman said. Once in bigger pots just watch you dont overwater them.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  4. Thanks for the info. They are in 2-1/2 qt pots right now. I was hoping to go straight to 3gal pots once they were sexed but guess I'll have to find a nice middle size first.
    Plant looks nice mac. Thanks for the pic. Always nice to compare.

5. yep i'll keep my plants in this pot till its grown some side shoots after i pinch out the top when they get bigger ,,then i'll pot up in to their final pot ,let them settle in for a week before flipping to 12/12 ,my plants usually grow with fout main Kola's,,,,,,ive got a journal here at 'my grow' ...sorry not sure how to put a link up to go there ,,but if you go to my profile page or indoor grow journals you should find it easy enough ,,mac.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Got them into #3 pots last night. There wasn't any root binding to speak of. A little bit of swirling on the bottom, but very healthy. Hopefully they get some stretch in their new homes. They'll stay like this till they are sexed and if I get 3 ladies I think I may try to keep them where they are thru flower. If I get less I may go to #7 pots.
    I am in the same boat about how to do anything on here. I have a journal too. But idk how to link or get followers or anything for that matter lol.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine are 28 days, look similar to yours. Mostly indica, in 5 gallon pots. Hoping to not transplant again, but may have to go to 7 gal before flower. I hate transplanting when they get big.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4x unsexed Dutch cheese bag seed. Under 150w cfl veg light, 14 days old. First time grower are my plants healthy? I checked the roots of the unhealthiest looking one and they may need moving into bigger pots as I'm noticing circling on the bottom of the soil was just wondering if they were too young to transplant yet? Bought 20x Dutch passion blue auto mazar and 3 days in no sign of life seeds looked amazing and healthy but haven't done a thing they've been in a dark box in my tent kept moist warm and still nothing! Kill me now haha! Will upload pics as soon as:)

9. Not a thing in the world wrong with those plants. They look like maybe an indica based strain which means they'll be slow to grow, short and more bush-like than the sativas. They aren't fond of heat and humidity and the ones I've tried were much more easily stressed than the sativas we've grown for the most part. But from what I can tell in the pics, they looks wonderful. When it comes time to flower, don't think you're going to be able to flower all those plants with that same light. As they grow and mature and go up and outward, they need much more space than what you've provided for them in these pics. Each individual plant needs the same high wattage, premium quality flower lighting and enough space between plants to allow the light to penetrate the canopy of the plants. Crowding a bunch of plants under a flower light, or any lamp for that matte, just robs valuable light from all the plants. If you do not have enough light or lamps to cover each plant you flower the same, you are just robbing from them all. You can always harvest more from a single plant that gets all the correct environmental conditions (premium light, tended properly, etc) and space to grow than you will harvest by attempting to flower 3 in the same space. We run 4, 1000 watt HPS fixtures per flower room. Under those 4 lights, we flower 8 plants (2-per) on a 10 week cycle. I also stopped using additional nutes over and above those that come in the soil (Roots Organics Original) sometime last year. Our harvests and buds have never been better. We're getting around 5 oz per plant after harvest and cure and always looking for ways to make it more. LOL The key to getting a good harvest off each plant you flower is giving them all the good strong flower light you can and space to grow to accept that light. More plants does not necessarily mean more harvest if you don't have the light setup to handle it. But you've done a great job so far with these. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  10. You don't have to repot those plants yet. I was taught that until the plant becomes larger than the container, wider and taller than, it wasn't time. As long as your plants are that nice rich blue/green that signifies a healthy MJ plant, they are just fine where they are. I, personally, wouldn't transplant them right now. The soil will carry your plants MUCH MUCH further as far as nutrition than most people think. Just keep them where they are, keep them under the light and until you see the coloring begin to wash out to a more yellowish green, they are not hungry. They always tell you what's wrong. These plants, from what I can see, are saying nothing other than "We are happy!" LOL Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_4370.JPG IMG_4372.JPG Yeah. I ended up keeping 2-1/2 plants. They are looking ok. Got some nute lock on one of them. But gonna flush her tomorrow. That should take care of it. The other 1-1/2 plants are doing great though. Yes 1/2 a plant. Had a light issue and lost both tops. Taped 1 back together and it was a fem so I figured I'd fill in my light footprint.
    I do agree with what you are saying about the light and yield. I get my new 315 cmh this week and I'll be running all 3 lights for the rest of flower. (2 mars 300 and gc 315 cmh)
    Thanks for the input ww.

12. They look great to me. Very healthy and as already noted, likely heavy Indica strain.

• Like Like x 1