Are my plants starting to flower ??

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dontworryaboutme, Jan 24, 2021.

1. My plants are 31 days old from sprout and two of four plants are showing signs ( I think) of getting ready to flower. can Someone confirm this ?? Should I flip to 12/12 if the other two aren't ready ? I'm running out of room and I believe they still need to stretch... IMG_20210124_110643.jpg IMG_20210124_110859.jpg IMG_20210124_110655.jpg

Sent from my 5032W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yeah I would flip them. Expect them to get at least twice as tall during the first couple weeks of flower when they stretch.

3. Yeah, they're starting to flower. It looks like more than just pre-flowers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sheesh.. 31 days old and already in flower, that's crazy. Hopefully they don't double in size as I'm already running out of room and the one plant is an absolute unit, I mean absolutely massive for its age... The picture I included in this comment has all 4 with the two showing maturity to the left and the slightly slower girls to the right. IMG_20210124_114756.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. What's pre flower and what do you mean by more than just pre flower ? I started seeing fox tails I guess that's what their called and I wanted to ask before flipping them because it seemed rather soon for flower but hey, I'm not complaining lol

6. This shows what preflowers are How to Tell Sex of Cannabis Plants (with Pictures) | Grow Weed Easy
    The pistils coming from the new growth are signs of flowering. Preflowers won't come out the new growth.

This is what foxtailing is What Are Marijuana Foxtails? Good or Bad for Buds? | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  7. You could flip to 12/12 if you wnat. The plants will fill out that space.

• Like Like x 1
  8. They look about on track for a month old. Yeah flipping now would fill the space out pretty good. 1 month of healthy veg isn't a short time by any means. I don't veg my plants long at all, and it took no time at all for my plants to be ready to flip to flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. why are yall acting like photoperiods pre-flower on their own? bruh has a auto or his light schedule is already under 14.5 hrs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Photo periods will absolutely burst with pistils on an 18 hour light cycle when they are ready to be flipped to flower.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. you're crazy how you veg a mother for so long? I veg for 2 months 2 weeks Ive never had this happen once. i call BS

• Like Like x 1
  12. ive never had a plant show sex before 12/12 switch sometimes 2 days sometimes 2 weeks but never has any flower or sex showed before the flip on a photo period.

• Like Like x 1
  13. When a photoperiod is sexually mature and ready or desperate to be flipped to flower, it will have swelling preflowers at almost every internode. They will be long and very easily seen. It's a tell-tale sign that a plant is happy and more than willing to start making buds

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. no thats not how it works they veg until they stop vegging they dont mature or start to until they start flower they dont start flower until the light cycle is changed

sounds good you sound like you know what youre talking about

• Like Like x 1
  15. Don't think of it as starting to flower. They are preflowers that indicate the sex of the plant. This absolutely can and does happen under 18/6 light. I'm not throwing out bro-science here. It's literally what happens to sexually mature female plants in veg.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Because they do. Check out the link I posted above. I've had plenty of photos preflower. It's why they're called preflowers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 GroBuddy, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    I'm not talking science at all I'm speaking facts lol you can literally veg a mother plant for as long as you can keep her alive thats why all clones are pre-flowers right and you have to reveg them unless you run straight from clone lmao ( these guys ). i literally veg longer than anyone on this forum i would know this no science needed

• Like Like x 1
  18. okay we'll all agree to disagree lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. Then it's settled. You've never seen preflowers so they don't exist. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1