Are my plants starting to flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bubbaz Budz, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Hi everyone..I made the switch about 10 days ago to a 12/12 light schedule and my plants are really taking off. Seems like they are growing a couple inches per day. I just took this picture, can anyone tell me if my plants are starting to flower? If so, will male plants look the same? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. They look like they are starting to flower, yes.

The male plant does look different than the second image you posted.

IMG_1329.JPG IMG_1330.JPG

The above images illustrate what a male plant will look like. Notice the sacs in between the nodes? That is a male pollen sac forming. Female plants will grow white hairs that wait for those sacks to explode. When the male's pollen reaches the female's hairs, a seed will form.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply Pizza..
    One more question.. I am growing in a 3x3x6 tent. I have 4 cfl's that are 55watt 3700 lumens each with a 1000 watt LED (275 actual draw). I have 7 plants currently in the tent, my thought process was that half would most likely be males, but my luck..all seven look to be females. Would I probably end up with more yield if I was to get rid of 2 or 3 plants or should I just keep all 7 in there? The tent is already full from wall to wall with leaves and as mentioned I just started flowering 10 days ago.