Are my plants ready to flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Beastlybongs, Mar 22, 2018.

1. 352B5715-82E4-447F-B780-F9D686D64A59.jpeg EBD4CCB5-3429-4EB7-B093-1AF2E4EE8BCD.jpeg 3FD3DC1B-E304-481E-A6DB-CD59803B93B0.jpeg Hello I’m new here so sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place.
    I’m a newbie and this is my first grow I’ve got 5 plants in total all about 5 weeks old I had them under 24hr lighting under a 125w for the first 2 weeks and now have them under the 600hps for 18 on and 6hrs off they have quite a few nodes on them and seem healthy I’m growing them in a pre fertilised soil mix and I’m feeding them once every 2-3 days depending on how dry the soil gets the Temp is at highs of 28 at day and lows of 20 at night I’m growing them in a 2x2x4 tent with constant airflow the ph is at 6.0 and I’ve just introduced them to some bloom feed it says to use 7ml per litre but since I’ve just started them on it I’ve put them on 3.5ml per litre and I’ll make my way up to the 7ml i also spray them with velokelp spray at night as leaves were looking a bit light I was just wondering if they look like they are ready to flower as I’m on a timescale and need them done as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Totally depends on:

1. Your bloom area size
    2. Your goals

Remember, your plants will double in size/height/width and perhaps even more. If it were me and I wasn’t in a rush I’d veg the a bit longer. A couple weeks veg will make a big difference in your harvest weight and nug sizes.

GL

J

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. you could pinch the tops out and grow in veg a little longer if you have the head room where your growing ,,mac,,

4. You have a few issues here.

Over watering: Plants need co2, but your roots need oxygen. When you water too often a few things will be happening. One is there is an not so much oxygen in water, once it runs out the plants roots can not breath. A good reason many use air pumps in their hydroponic system, so the roots can get oxygen. If they can not breath you will rot the root hairs(tiny fuzz on the roots) making it hard for them to uptake nutrients and other things.

Notice how your leaves are puffy, speed bumps and sad looking? She’s expressing her self to you. Her leaves want to be flat, thin. They do not photosynthesie like healthy leaves, so thIs will hurt your growth as well.

Nitrogen Toxicity: I am not sure what nutes or how much you are giving. When you say you feed them every 2-3 day I am assuming you mean nutrients as well. If you are doing this I would recommend changing it a bit. On your leaves you see the tips how it folds down on the tip of the leaves? This is a sign off too much nitrogen in your soil, and can effect the plant. If you are feeding every 2-3 Days you need to space this out. I mean is if you feed once use non ph water the next two feedings.

You see with soil you add nutrients to the soil and the plant drink the water, this does not mean the plant used all of the nutrients at all. It just means it took what salts it needed(nutrients is salt) and water as well, leaving what it didn’t in the soil. If you keep dumping more and more salts into the soil it will build up(like it might be doing now) and lead to issues later.

Your light: Again not sure on what hood you have, just looking at the picture I say your light is way to close and intense for them. There are a few issues going on, but the new grow is small and your plant is pretty compact and has no way to get away from the intense light. You are also coming for a 24/0 cycle, so roots imo would be under develop.

My thoughts are, reduce how often you water them, it’s about the pot being light vs heavy rather than if the soil looks dry(keep your fingers out of there too). Too much light, feeding a bit too often. But again do not know your full setup.

• Like Like x 1