Are My Plants Looking Okay

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 722897, Sep 27, 2013.

1. yeah when it comes to nutrients less is better because once you over nute there is no going back; your plants do not look bad besides the burnt leaflet but that is going to die off anyways on its own. best thing to do is just observe your plants and go by what you see, if something looks wrong then do what you are doing now and post pics and get advice. For your veg stage nitrogen is the main element for good foliage(green leaves) and For flowering potassium and phosphorus will be your best friends but before you add nutes for flowering make sure to flush out any excess nitrogen and salts so your plant does not undergo an overdose of nutes. One of my plants had that problem and it became nitrogen toxic and the leaves became claw-ish ...you can find as much info on the internet than you would in a book no doubt but its all about preference. I would recommend to read as much as you can about MJ growing because there is more than meets the smoke when it comes to growing the best herb 

2. The Leaf isnt Burnt it a Piece Of The Seed Stuck on it

Sent from my LGMS769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. iPlanted Them September 21st , Are They Growing Too Slow? Someother Peoples ive Seen On Here At Like 9 Days They Have alot More Leaves

Attached Files:

4. 4

Attached Files:

5. 3

Attached Files:

6. 1

Attached Files:

7. They are stretched. Move the light closer

8. good to know that wasn't a burnt leaf, but i agree your plant is reaching out for light and plants are going to grow at their own rate since every factor varies, plus there are alot of different genetics that takes part in how they will grow; and also gender

9. Is this close enough?

10. 4

Attached Files:

11. 3

Attached Files:

12. 2

Attached Files:

13. 1

Attached Files:

14. I have the lights on a power strip with socket adapters so i cant really move them individually

15. #35 Mixted, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    More light is your stretch issue. With cfl bulbs you need a but ton of them. Those look like the 23W ones so as a tip (and this is not really the way you want to think about it. think total lumins) but 100-150W per plant will get you a decent yield.

Your plants are stretching because of lac of light.  that is why you are not seeing the rapid growth like  others on here.

a book will help contrary to other posts. my first was closet cultivator by ed rosenthal.  have read hundreds since all have good info in them.

16. Well i have 60w bulbs on each

17. What is your eventual plan to upgrade the lights?

18. #38 NGP, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    OP, allow me to direct you to someone who is also growing and posting in this same forum using CFL's who is about as far in as you:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1241187-cfl-white-widow.html

Look at his post with the pictures and you'll get the idea of what type of CFL lighting setup you need. He has 8 CFL bulbs just one 1 (one) plant. You have 4 plants. You have a very poor chance of even getting yours to the veg stage with your current 1 CFL on top of the plant idea. It won't work. I'm trying to save you the headache now, you can correct your grow. Either toss 3 of the seedlings and use 4 bulbs on the strongest one, or upgrade your light situation now.  I won't even mention going into flower, because you won't make it into veg as it is.

19. Well when ever i can and have the money to would 1 cfl with 125w be good for each plant

20. Is there any cfl strong enough to jut use one bulb per plant?