are my plants growing slow/stunted?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nickbic, Mar 11, 2012.

1. one is two and a half weeks old and its about 2-3 inches tall and got burnt by the light and isnt growing much, the others that are northern lights are a week old and are 1.5 inches tall, im using a 50watt CFL and two 26 watt CFLs, theyre in mini hempy buckets and i water them everyday, also theyre on 18/6 with the temp around 80* and its kinda dry in my grow room. oh and i had to transplant them from shit soil starter pallets into the hempy

2. Don't water plants every day. They'd almost certainly be bigger if you weren't doing so. Watering cycles should range from moist all the way through the substrate to at least the top third being completely bone dry. Mature plants grown under good conditions can survive all of the soil drying out completely. I've had plants under a foot tall last over a month with no water at all. Allowing some of the soil to totally dry out between waterings helps to prevent mold and other harmful organisms from getting a foothold. Also, more air can get to the roots when the substrate is dry, often causing a small growth spurt as the soil starts to dry out.

3. He's using hempy buckets... He HAS to water every day.

Everything sounds normal. If you just transplanted them from a bad situation, they could take a week or so to grow new roots and start growing again. Just give them time...

-Loki