Are my plants flowering early??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ogderp, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hey guys, so I'm growing 2 plants outdoors and I don't know what strains they are and if they're autoflower or not, but I can tell that one is sativa and the other is indica due to the leaf shapes and the height of the plant. Well lately they've been showing more white pistils and I'm starting to wonder if they're flowering early. At first I thought nothing of it because I thought they were just mature enough to show their genders, but now I'm not sure. The main reason that I'm asking is because I was planning on getting some veg nutes for them today but now I'm wondering if I should just get flowering nutes instead. One thing I should add is that these plants are being grown in the shade with about only 2-3 hours of direct sunlight per day as that is currently the only option. What do you guys think? I heard that it can really stunt the plant and decrease yields even more if you try and force them back into veg compared to if you just let them go ahead and start flowering.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      2.5 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      2.3 MB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      2.6 MB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  2. Yes they are flowering.

3. They are flowering, but the real question is, how in the world did they get that big with 2-3 hours of sunlight!? I have been giving my autos 8-9 hours of sunlight and none of them ever got that big!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

4. Your guess is as good as mine! Maybe they aren't autos and are actually photoperiod plants that started flowering early due to the lack of direct sunlight for most of the day. My hookup who gave me these plants also gave me a smaller plant that was ready to be harvested and dried and he said it was grown outdoors, so that's what made me think these were autos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just wanted to give a quick update, I have moved them to a spot with more direct sunlight and I went ahead and gave them some veg nutes. I also talked to my buddy who also got some plants from this same hookup today and his are flowering too, so I'm really starting to wonder if these are autos because he had his in a sunnier spot and they still started flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  6. What do you think? Start of flowering or what? I found this only on one plant

Attached Files: