Are my plants doomed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joetheman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I started my first grow over the summer, outdoors in a northern midwest climate, and they were doing really well and starting to show off a fair amount of trichs. At the beginning of september I had to return to college, and my plants weren't close to mature, so I left them alone, figuring I would find a way to come back and harvest. There are three girls still in flowering, but it's starting to look like I won't be able to go back and cut them down. I was wondering if there is any way I could salvage a crop when I can first come home, at the end of november, or if they will be dead and a pile of mush. One option is having someone in my family cut them down and bring them inside to dry, but they won't know how to cure or store them. Or they could cut them down where they stand and let them dry outside, leaving them there until I get home. I guess my main question is what will happen to the plants when it gets consistently cold, probably snowing, and is there anything I can do to get a harvest?

2. only thing you can really do is get somebody to cut it down and dry it for you explain to them how to do it...

3. First frost/snow=Dead plants. You're gonna need somebody to cut and dry them for you. I'm sure they'll be happy to for a share of the goods.

4. Most cannabis plants can withstand frost, and sometimes even light snows with little damage. But of course some strains can't handle cold as well as others. Op, if you cant get back to harvest them until november i would do what the others in this thread are suggesting, and have someone chop them for you. Make sure its one of your closest friends, but still know that you're taking a risk by doing this.

5. Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I'll try to get someone to cut them down and hopefully stored right. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll get back before it's too late.

6. One last thing. If I can't get anyone to chop them down, would I be able to make hash when I get back, or are all the trichomes going to be blown off?

7. I would think you should probably be able to get some hash out of them, I'm not positive though.