Are My Plants Done.... Soon?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RasPlasch, Jun 30, 2012.

1. I was told that I had 2-3 weeks to go... a week ago... What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologized.... I have posted this thread already.... but I'm so confused. The plant on the right seems to be so close... the hairs are turning brown/amber but I feel as if it isn't done....

2. flush then chop

when all of the pistils turn red/brown the plant will not produce more bud and ur thc level will go down while cbd and cbn will rise slightly

3. there's no way to tell for sure without checking the trichomes. search "trichomes," and do some reading. the last couple weeks is when the buds are filling in. you can't see it, but this is the time when the weight is really being added.

4. Yeah, what GrowBot says. Get a little RadioShack microscope & check the color of the trichromes. The $20 spent could very well repay itself in the last week or two's gain of the plants.

5. they look done from the naked eye, buy yeah get a scope an check the trichs but they look more than ready to me :)

6. #6 ImBurnt, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    [quote name='"Olde School"']Yeah, what GrowBot says. Get a little RadioShack microscope & check the color of the trichromes. The $20 spent could very well repay itself in the last week or two's gain of the plants.[/quote]

even better, they're only like ten bucks these days for a good one @ radioshack. You want those trichs to be all cloudy:) that will give a more energetic high, let them get amberish and you have a nice couch potato high....it all depends on what ya are looking for! goodluck!

7. Shouldnt the leaves of the plant start turning yellow? I notice in most pictures that when the plants are ready to harvest, the fan leaves and such are sort of yellow... mine are all still green...?

I actually do have a microscope and have looked at each of my plants trichomes under 40x and 100x. They seem to have mostly clear trichomes and a lot of clears too. And a very few very spread out amber trichs... hmmmm

8. I would say start flushing now. Looks like in another week you'll be good to chop.

9. almost there buddy! don't start cutting them down until you see their hairs coloring. if it's white it's too early, if it turns crimson,reddish,amberish color its good to go. if it gets any darker, you might wanna hurry and cut those suckas down. GJ though!

10. 4 bucks on ama zon shipped...;)

11. as mentioned, when your trichs are mostly cloudy, some clear, and maybe a few amber, start flushing. washing the nutes from the medium will cause the plants to start looking like they're dying. don't adjust the ph of your flushing water.

12. #12 RasPlasch, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012

I'd say over 75% of the hairs on the plant on the right are already reddish colored. Besides some on the top dense nug. :confused:

Ahhh, so begin over watering and letting them drain the nutes out?

13. relying on pistil color for harvest time is a mistake. one of the strains phenotypes could be a color change....