Are my plants done for?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Spon7, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Didnt get much help on my last thread so ill try again, how are my plants looking and what could be the reasoning for my yellowing, all my grow material is in my last thread, my only thought is its my water.

Attached Files:

2. #2 azcactus, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
    Do you think there is anyway you are over watering them?
    You haven't given nutes to those babies yet have you?
    Is your light source to far away?
    What soil are you using?
    Do you think you planted them to far "in" the pots?
    Are those the containers/pots you are going to use for the entire grow period?
    Do you have a fan blowing on them yet to build stem strength?

I can't visualize how a fan could help them that deep in the container.

Lots of variables that are unknown to the GC house.

3. where is your waters ph? they also look over watered.

4. Whats the humidity at?too high mayb?

5. Usually 30-40 humidity, using shults moisture plus soil, possibly overwatering but dont think i am water every second day, moving them to pots about twice the size in the future, temps sit at about 75-80 degrees

6. Mo nutes yet, lights sit about 2-3 inches away

7. If it's the shultz I'm thinking of it feeds for 9 months. Not what you want. Foxfarm Ocean Forest is a cheap quality soil. It's probably a pH imbalance, as well as overwatering because of the moisture control.

Transplant into 3-5gals with Foxfarm OF, or Roots Organic. Test pH and adjust accordingly. 6.3-6.6 is optimum for soil

8. Have no way of testing ph atm, and will do just have to find some, and idea of sellers in canada for foxfarm soil?

9. #10 Buffalo11024, Jan 23, 2013
    it's wise to test. ph imbalance is a pretty damaging issue.

10. Are you near a USA state or deep into Canada. What state are you near, if you are? Go here and check out the where to buy. I don't see any info for Canadian Provinces/Territories though.

Welcome to FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

11. Deep in canada :/

12. Any local hydro shop should have it but I would go with promix bx if it was me.

13. Forgot about promix, you may be able to find that a lot easier than the FFOF

14. I'm guessing a soil issue. If you're using a shitty soil like Miracle Grow or something it could be too much nutes released. What kind of soil are you using? That would be my best guess.

15. #16 azcactus, Jan 23, 2013
    I am an amateur grower, but I suggest moving your light(s) closer and letting them dry out. I also suggest that you get them closer to the top of those containers. In the pics they look almost like they are in a deep hole.

You must get a good high (no pun) quality soil as already stated and some earth worm castings (crap) aka EWC. Some people like and think miracle grow is the bomb, but if you read on here enough you will see more people who don't than do.

You really need a small oscillating fan to help the stem grow strong and fat to support the canopy that will develop. The movement of the plant due to the air pushing on it, is like us exercising.

When I did my first and only (so far) grow, I tried to do the "Daddy Day Care" on them and about killed them all. Luckily the lady at the organics store told me to move my light closer and quit watering them everyday.

We can only offer suggestions, but the people with upper hundreds of post know what they are doing. I read and learned on here for a long time before ever purchasing a piece of equipment, soil or seeds.

Hope they make it. It is a wonderful, even if illegal, hobby.