Are My Plants Dead?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1stTimeGrowerr, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I planted these seeds on 8/29 and 9/4 and they were doing great until recently. The larger one, was growing extremely fast until recently when i think i made a mistake. I have been keeping the plants in sunlight during the day and moving them under lights at night...is this harmful??

Photo 1 - but about a week ago i put some fertilizer on the bigger plant and then put it under the light and when i woke up about 8 hours later the plant was completely yellow and shrivlled. From my research this was a nut burn from having fert on the leaves and then putting them under direct light. I have been only using water for about the past week but no major improvements. Is there any recomendatuions to help restore this plant to growing. Also, since this incident when the leaves have turn yellow the plant has stopped growing and taller.

Photo 2 -The second plant has been growing nicely but the tip of the leaves have been starting to turn brown and curl... is this from heat burn or a lack of nutes? THe lights are about 6 inches away from the plants.

sorry the pictures arent very good quality but the 1st one is a very light light yellow color adn the second is mostly green with yellow tips

Attached Files:

2. also, the soil mixture i have been using contains peat moss and ass you can see it has been turning white on top? what does this mean??

3. from the looks of that soil its moldy, and has been watered way to much, wait 2-3 days inbetween waterings, let the soil dry out. they love this

4. Holy shit balls those are dead as could be and you need to get that mold out of your grow space asap! How could you not identify that living mass on top of your soil as mold?

You should hit the books before you go to jail for growing dead plants in moldy soil.

5. thank you very much! i have been watering a little bit every day so i will stop that. would overwatering cause any of the yellowing in my plants? also, should i replace the moldy soil?

6. sorry man, I stopped here :p

Do a little homework before your next grow, stickies are invaluable

7. Trash them. Read up dude. Read all the stickies on growing on this website there at the top of the forums. Google some grow guides, and pick up a book like Cannabis grow bible.

Your first mistake was ever adding nutrients. You dont need to add any till about the 3rd week. The soil has all you need for your plant. All you will do is exactly what you did kill the plant.

Cannabis is very nute sensitive.

Your second mistake was the crazy watering. Prior to putting your germinated seeds into your soil you make sure the soil is wet. After that you should not have to water the plant for probably a week. The plant does not consume much water at that point.

Cannabis does not like to live in saturated water logged soil. Use the pick up method. Pick up the pot its heavy dont water, pick it up its light water. Let it dry out between waterings.

Both of those mistakes you made will end up in fail every time.

That mold was from lack of a fan blowing on them and probably the very wet conditions.

What kind of soil are you using? If its Miracle Grow trash it. Get some Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Pro mix soil. Both available via mail order or your local hydro store.

When your plants are in the stage there at there very fragile so there toast. I would trash them try again but do some research before hand. There are many things you should know before growing...there all easy but the mistake you made would not have happened if you had.

Cannabis is reallllly easssy to grow but if you dont know the fundamentals it will always be hard.

8. i figured the bigger one was dead but the smaller is still about 959% green with only a little brownish/yellow around the tips of the leaves... any way i could recover this plant?

9. That mold is pretty nasty I would scrape that off and let it be. Don't water its just fine, and dont add nutrients to it as it does not need any.

What kind of soil are you using.

Also if your using a CFL light it needs to be 2-4 inches away from the plant. Outside of about 4-6 inches all grow spectrum is gone. Put a fan on it as well.

10. I have a fan in my setup and i just replaced the soil so im hoping all will go well. What soil would you recomend for a baby plant?

11. Well Miracle Grow if your using that can end in disaster and the shitty thing is you never know when that will happen. Its best to go with a non nuted soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Pro Mix.

Anyhow suggest you read and good luck! 80% of all your questions are found on here grow guides and a grow book. Youll remember it for life as well.