Are my lights too far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 28, 2017.

1. I get you bro. It took me about two months of research before I germinated my first seed and from there it wasn't till the end of the first grow That I slowed down on researching..... Its a long path, but a little research mixed with equal parts experimentation gets you knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yup sure as hell been a learning experience for me.. one day good next day not! I'm almost a week into flower now, and so far so good! Other than thy are drinking crazy amounts of water in DWC

3. Main problem i keep having is my temperatures. I think everything would be going just fine if i could find some way to cool my lamp. It doesnt have any ducts for air cooling, only vents on top and on the side but i cant get my temperatures consistently under 85

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Same boat im in now. This is only my second stab at it, im 3 weeks in and im still trying to gain my footing

5. Tell me about it my first DWC is doing about a gallon or two a day, but it's paying off my buds at 3 weeks are as big as my soil's at harvest. And the trichrome coverage is unbelievable.

--------------

Ye bud using the other two CFLs would help. Defenently space for them. as short of cutting the stalk clean off or going above 100f these weeds grow like weeds once they're growing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I still suggest trying to cut a hole in your lamps hood to hook up the ducting. Do you know anyone with a drill?

7. Unfortunately, no i dont know anyone with a drill. The only solutions ive found to cool a lamp with built in ballast is like blowing a fan on it, which in my case isnt really doing much, removing the ballast (which i have no idea where to even begin.) or cups of water on top of the reflector, while some people say it works to cool it down, id rather not chance it. I mean, my temps are under 85 but id like to lower it a lil closer to 78 ish

8. Dang I guess you don't have too many choices, too bad the ac isn't helping enough. I got an ac but it doesn't help my grow closet either

9. Im just going to work with what ive been given. Anything i grow is strictly for personal consumption so im not too worried about heat damaging my yield or making it slightly less potent/smelly

10. Man as long as temps are under 85 don't worry to much as winter approaches you'll be better off... my temps stay on avg 72-83 in my flower room in the warm seasons and my buds look healthy throughout and smoke just fine.

11. Same here haha I got an oz off my first plant. Sold like 8-12 grams to some friends, and I still have some left! So nice not buying any

• Like Like x 1
  12. An oz would be more than enough for me haha i really wanna get some autoflower seeds for profit. I just dont know which to trust as its a risky business. All the shops around me charge like upwards of $60 for a couple seeds. Not cool