Are my lights too close? or not enough? (newbie)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by skipperusw, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hi all this is my very first grow and i picked up a 'reveal Kitchen & bath F20T12' light. it has 1125 lumens. i was wondering if i might burn the plants if they are this close. :( my mom says its not a grow light and to put them back out in the sun light (i had them there up till now i want to try inside)

[​IMG]
    (sorry its upside down my ipad took it that way and im too lazy to rotate it)

i have regular soil from outside and they are in a cool whip container. im going to put them in good soil and a good put tommorow it was just in there to start.

the light is about 6-7 inches above. well if you know anything please help :)

2. #2 trueweedsmoker, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  3. #3 skipperusw, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    yeah im sorry, i had no soil to start thanks for the advice! i moved it abuot an inch away

also the light is 20 watts is this enough?

4. General rule of thumb is ~100w per plant

5. #5 trueweedsmoker, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    They say you should use 50 watts per square foot, thats approximately 1 small plant. 20 watts might, and I mean might be enough for seedlings. I know how it is to be financial not able at the time, or to just dont want to invest it at the time until your sure that you can do it. 20 watts wont do it, go grab a cfl flourescent. This is the spiral bulbs that saves energy. They are better.

Plants grow good outdoors in outdoor soil because of the roots are able to stretch and the space water drains into. Indoors its curtains y friend. The soil wont hold nutrients. Good luck, keep us posted.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/1147071-strain-you-like-best.html