Are my ladies prego's?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DaStonedDroneDS, Mar 16, 2009.

1. -i have 6 plants
    -3 of them were male and the other 3 female
    -2 out of the 3 males were planted 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the plants
    -All the plants were in the vegatative state for 6 weeks
    -Started the flowering cycle on the 7th week
    -The next 4 days after exactly 2 weeks since they started flowering, i was not around to watch them
    -My problem is when i got back, those 2 males that were planted earlier had already grown pollen sacks and something like 4-5 sacks on each of those 2 plants opened up, so i put the females in a corner, and put the males in a chest for some oil
    -My question is, I want to know, the female plants have begun to show some white hairs but really haven't formed the buds yet, and those pollen sacks that opened, i want to know if that means my female plants are screwed since those pollen sacks opened? or are the females still way to early to get pollinated?

2. Yes?.....

3. Once the sacks open, its a done deal. The pollen is tiny and floats thru the air with the greatest of ease....probably gonna have some buns in the oven....not the best news, but hey, you will have lots of seed for the future.

4. really, even if there were very few hairs starting to grow, i mean i got rid of them rite away and it was still early signs of showing female, only 2 weeks into flowering, that really means im going to have a shit load of seeds, i got rid of the males quickly and very carfully made sure not to break any of the pollen sacks near the females and put them away in the cornor with a sheet around them while i killed the males, i counted only those 4 to 5 pollen balls that had opened up on the two males, and i figured that was very little pollen for three other females to pollinate them and the females looked still very young and premature, so my question then is can females be femenished early into flowering or is there that certain time they need to be into flowering to be able to accept the male pollen and create seeds???? it hurts cuz these seeds were from dank buds and i didn't want seeds in them

5. I don't know if your females are too early to get pollinated or not, but you could spray them with a little water to kill the pollen that's still hanging around just in case.

6. Id do that.

Youll be able to tell soonish though.

7. Beware:

even if the female isnt quite ready to beimpregnated, The pollen will live on the shelf or your fan and will do its job at a later time

8. the pollen will only live for a few days out in the open environment of your grow box/tent. any longer, and youre actively preserving it ;)

if there are hairs, then that means that some of the seed bracts are able to produce seed. If you have achieved pollination, you should be able to tell as the hairs will turn orange and pull in much more quickly than normal, indicating seed production.

If pollination was done to a high degree (most of the plant was successfully pollinated), its possible the plant will slow production of new flowers and develop the ones currently incubating seeds, but thats only if pollination was HEAVY and early.

9. yes my three females still have very few hairs and they haven't turned orange and drawn in, i'll continue to look for the signs, shout out to amoril and BtBR for the advice, anybody with anymore tips or signs to catch post em up, thanks, and im trying to get a digital camera soon so i can take some pics and put em up