Are My Ladies Ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lfccooper, May 9, 2014.

1. just looking for some advice on my setup an was wondering about the burn on one of my plants :/  

any info is info I aint have :)

Attached Files:

2. #2 lFourTwenty, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Don't feed them any nutes yet..and to keep your seedlings from stretching out like that, move the light as close as possible without burning..that left plant looks like it's really stretched

Just give them water until they are a little bigger

3. yeah it Is quite stretched ive only ha the cfl on it for about a week you think I should move it closer than what it is now? an I accidently cut one of the leaves off the left plant when I was topping her :(

4. Not the clearest of photos,looking at the first 3 photos it looks more like overwatering,but as the new growth looks ok,it's no longer a issue.
    Remember to only water as the plant needs it and your light could be closer.

5. #5 lFourTwenty, May 9, 2014
    Looks a bit early for topping..I wait until there's a few node sets before topping/fimming

The light needs to be as close as possible without any risk of burning the plants (especially CFL lights because they're weaker than HID)..the farther away the light is, the less total lumens the plants recieve

When I grow seedlings, the seedlings will be shorter than that left plant. and have a bunch of node sets close together. You get that by having the light as close as possible

6. is that coco you're growing in?

7. ok thanks i have moved it closer now, and with the topping I done it at the 3rd node but the lower leaves started too wilt so I took them off the plant not a good idea I know if you look closely at the left plant you can see where I took the lower leaves off. an I will take your advice an no longer give them any nutrient because I think that why the end of the leaves are burnt

8. augustwest no its not coco just regular potting soil

9. #9 lFourTwenty, May 9, 2014

Not sure if it's nute burn or not, but I do know at that stage the plant does not use much nutrients. Be careful not to overwater..that's probably the most common mistake made at this point. When the soil is semi-dry, the roots are stretching out looking for water..so letting it go another day before watering isn't always a bad thing (If your soil isn't bone-dry)

10. #10 lfccooper, May 9, 2014
    thankyou :) hopefully all will be ok, an I have to admit I have been a bit over keen on the watering ill slow it up a bit an water less often cheers for your advice

11. looks kind of heavy.. is there any perlite or other aeration in there? I think the heavy soil is your culprit.. probably holding too much water.

12. it was a strange type of soil I brought its got strands of fibre in it was very cheap to buy I probably should have paid more. there no perlite or anything else in there

13. #13 AugustWest, May 9, 2014
    If you plan on transplanting at some point, I would suggest mixing in some perlite, and maybe some worm castings and kelp meal into that soil. Good drainage is really key to healthy vigorous plants. Cannabis hates wet feet

14. there's so much to learn lol would u recommend re-potting as I've hears its quite stressful for the plant an ive already got them in quite large pots which I thought would be suitable for the duration? Is this why the leaves are slightly burnt you think?

15. They will be fine for the time being,but remember to mix abit of perlite with your potting mix next time,there is always something to learn about our hobby,it's one of the things I love about it

16. #16 lFourTwenty, May 9, 2014

That size pot does not look suitable at all for the duration..looks to be about a half gallon or 1 gallon at most..you need at least a 3 gallon preferrably a 5 gallon bucket or smartpot - This is of course depending on how big you want your plants and yield to be..the smaller the pot, the smaller the plant. If you are going for a tiny cabinet grow, those pots might work but the plants are gonna be relatively small.

My recommendation..try to mature those seedlings enough to transplant to the final home. Of course you have to add perlite for aeration..this is basic growing 101 knowledge, think about how the roots grow and how that added aeration helps the process. There are countless things to read about growing and videos to watch that will help you out..never stop learning

17. ok so I will re-pot lol :p an this time ill mix with perlite as a lot of people seem to be suggesting it too me