Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are my headaches marijuana related?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bobsten, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #1 bobsten, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Hello! 

I'm new to this forum, although I have been smoking weed pretty regularly for the past year or so. 

Lately, I've been getting this pressure-like headache everyday around the same time, which lasts for hours. It feels like my head is going to explode. It also seems to be getting worse as the days pass on. 

My question for you guys is, could it be marijuana? 

I know it isn't shitty weed because my boyfriend and I share the same weed and he smokes as regularly as I do ( he doesn't get headaches). 

Is it just something about me? 

Also, I have a pax so I vape the weed. 

Basically I am going crazy here because I find weed to be very beneficial for me, despite these headaches.

Thanks.

2. Do you suffer these headaches while smoking or when you're sober?

Try drinking more lemon water to help alkalize and hydrate your body. Marijuana tends to dehydrate the body. See if that helps.

3. Do your headaches worsen when you smoke or vape? You may be having an allergic reaction. I remember weed used to give me an allergy headache sometimes during allergy season when my sinuses were already irritated. It's like right in the sinuses and behind the eyes where the pain is.

4. Sometimes when I smoke all night, next morning I get a headache, nothing too painful. That doesn't happen when I don't smoke. Try to sleep more or it could be stress or something else.

5. The weed itself isn't, but the frequent inhalation/exhalation of the smoke/vapor most likely is the culprit .My guess is that the headaches are caused from oxygen deprivation when you are smoking/vaping. Try taking smaller hits and drinking a lot of water during/after smoking. I got the same type of headaches and since staying hydrated with a few cups of water per sesh, and making sure im not using too much lung power per hit , I've noticed a huge improvement.

6. most likely tension headaches from stiff shoulder muscles and stress...weed can cause headaches though if you have sensitive sinuses or allergies

7. I've gotten headaches from smoking too much throughout the day, but never headaches from smoking too much at once.

8. Sometimes I get dick headaches when I'm high. My dick just gets real stiff and the head aches a bit. Usually I just rub it a bit and it goes away.

9. #9 Deleted member 629842, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Seriously someone needs to staple I Toke Alone's  pants to his body. 

10. [quote name="bobsten" post="19437632" timestamp="1391123660"]Hello! I'm new to this forum, although I have been smoking weed pretty regularly for the past year or so. Lately, I've been getting this pressure-like headache everyday around the same time, which lasts for hours. It feels like my head is going to explode. It also seems to be getting worse as the days pass on. My question for you guys is, could it be marijuana? I know it isn't shitty weed because my boyfriend and I share the same weed and he smokes as regularly as I do ( he doesn't get headaches). Is it just something about me? Also, I have a pax so I vape the weed. Basically I am going crazy here because I find weed to be very beneficial for me, despite these headaches. Thanks.[/quote]I would also love an answer to this because im having the exact problem!My pax gets me baked yeah but i always get a bad headache, op is is centered in the front of your head?I smoked tonight instead of vaping and im headache free so idk

11. This is an even worse way to try and diagnose yourself than webmd. Go ask a doctor.

12. I have Cluster Migraines. Pressure on one side behind my right eye, turns puffy and gets droopy. Sinuses on that side feel stuffy but still runny nose. Cannabis is the only thing that has helped me, and I love my pax. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say you have a slight case of sinusitis from whatever. Look at a Neti Pot, and a gallon of distilled water. Mix it with a teaspoon of salt and heat it to a comfortable temperature and rinse out your sinuses. Vaporizers can exacerbate a sinus infection if you exhale through your nose because of the water vapor. Or if you are holding the vapor and creating pressure by coughing and not letting it out that will stress your sinuses making you susceptible to a sinus infection.

13. Headaches are one of the first signs of dehydration. Do you get them if you smoke instead of vaping? Do you get them with edibles as well? I have my card for tension headaches and for the neck pain that causes them.

14. Start drinking plenty of water a day as dehydration causes headaches and also vaporizing may be attributing to your headaches as your getting mostly only thc not the other cannabinoids which leads to a head high and it an give some people headaches 

15. I actually have gotten headaches from too much water. I get weed headaches, feels very pressurized along the temples. Also teeth feel funny and saliva is sticky. But then I noticed I had these symptoms too when I drank too much water (I have issues with electrolytes because of my adrenal glands). I was drinking a ton of fluid when I was high because of dry mouth. Maybe you're drinking too much water? Maybe have some salt or sugar too?

funny you mention teeth....sometimes when i smoke a lot my teeth get a film on them and they make my jaw hurt which then gives me a headache

17. Ask a doctor, it could be a serious underlying condition that has escalated because the weed suppressed the other symptoms. Just do it in case. 

18. Hey did you ever figure this out?

19. I am surprised everyone mentions dehydration and nothing about potential pesticides, curing issues, mold or bacteria due to not drying the buds enough and or not enough oxygen while drying. I have read all of these things can cause, but really don't see any sure way to be sure without testing the actual buds. Even a doctor might have trouble and/or misdiagnose as they don't really have cannabis in their study, yet at least.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea this was true, and had to look it up. Supposedly "but inside our bodies they're alkaline ... the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized".