Are my buds ready for harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Plantimal, Sep 4, 2017.

1. #1 Plantimal, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Let me start off by saying this is the first plant I have ever grown. Long story short, I was gifted a clone and did as much reading as I could before planting it outsid in a 5 gallon terricota pot. This clone was given water, sun, and some nutrients - nothing more. I think the time has come where she is ready to be harvested. However, and as I mentioned, I have never done this before and I'm looking for some confirmation. As such, any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. I have attached photos of 4 buds at 30x, 2 photos of the buds with no zoom, and 2 photos of the plant itself. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Try taking a few snaps of whole plant brother, and from what I can see from trichs they're some amber in there . Just by looking at trichs I'd say they're ready but can't say for sure . The top buds usually finish before mid and lower buds. But she also looks like she needs to swell. Maybe with a pic of whole plant, maybe someone could give you a better answer.

• Like Like x 3
  3. A picture of the entire plant will give us a better idea.
    From those pics it looks like you have a couple weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. How about a pic of the entire bud and plant. You do have ambers showing on the sugar leaves but how about in the bud itself. On the tops of the buds new growth is still coming and still white pistils too. Imo, you still have some time. How much time? I don't know. A couple weeks min.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Plantimal, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Thanks for the input! Based on the comments, I have included two photos of the buds with no zoom and two photos of the plant itself. Additionally, I deleted and re-uploaded the original 4 photos due to geotagging. I believe I have successfully removed any geotagging from the photos I have uploaded.

6. Here are the photos:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Looking good. I'd still say minimum of 2 weeks . Could be longer. I know you were gifted a clone. But, do you know the flowering time for this strain? And when did you start flowering

• Like Like x 1
  8. Unfortunatey, I have no idea which strain or how long the flowering is for this particular strain. As to when it started flowering, this clone actually flowered shortly after placing it in the ground. It then revegged and reflowered approximately the first week of July when it looked like a pine tree. It has since basically doubled in size and branched out. I'm also in socal, not sure if that info is helpful or not.

9. So. Cal. Nice. I'd say you've got 2 -3 weeks maybe. But it's not ready til is ready. I just harvested a 7-9 week strain. It flowered for 11.5 weeks before ready.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. So the consensus seems to be that I still have a bit more time. I'll keep giving nutrients for another week and then start flushing. Thanks for all the helpful comments everyone!

11. No, they are not ready. If you chop those it'll end up being nothing but leaves. No actual nugs.

12. Just give it pure water. They have a load of nutes in the leaves still. Save the money

13. Start simulating Fall conditions

14. Hi, hun! Just reading comments and saw yours and I'm kinda in the same predicament as the poster... how do you stimulate fall conditions??? Also a new grower... however I started from seed of which i have no idea what they are! And im in cen-cal with 100° temps lately.... help please!! I added pics of my babies!

Attached Files:

15. Might I add... I'm trying to go for 2 different strengths... one for my husband Who is a frequent smoker do something more energizing... And i never smoke but want it for pain relief and anxiety relief to try and get off prescription drugs! So add much info add possible in aiding me towards the right harvest time would be rad! I was told to add "wood ash water" to the soil and flush plants to boost the nug growth and density... should i??? I feel lost!!