Are my brother and I in the wrong for thinking this is a stupid move?

Discussion in 'General' started by Stride420, Sep 4, 2012.

1. #1 Stride420, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    So my parents are divorced and my dad got remarried. My dad is 50 and the wife is 30. They are having a kid. Are my brother and I in the wrong for thinking this is a dumb and irrational move? I mean when the kid is born I will be 19 and my brother will be 24. Who the hell has brothers that are nearly 2 decades and 2.5 decades older? Not to mention my dad is 50 so that just means he will have to post pone retirement a couple years at the least.

Not to mention my dad keeps mentioning how it shouldn't be a problem because me and my brother will be there to help look after the baby. Like wtf I'm going to college and just getting my life started. I'm not looking after a kid. If I wanted that responsibility I would have gone and made my own kid.

What's your guys take on this situation?

2. Yeah it probably wasn't a great decision, did they plan it at all and knew what it was gonna take to support another child or did it just kinda happen?

3. Good question... Totally unplanned btw.

4. This is dumb.
    I hate when parents are dumb, they're supposed to be waay fucking smarter than their kids, right?

5. [quote name='"CallMeWigga"']This is dumb.
    I hate when parents are dumb, they're supposed to be waay fucking smarter than their kids, right?[/quote]

Supposedly :rolleyes:

6. [quote name='"Stride420"']Good question... Totally unplanned btw.[/quote]

Oh, well in that case yeah it was probably kinda dumb

7. This is more common then you think now man, sadly it's what this world has become.

My dad cheated on my mom for 21 years, I'm 23..now he's with another women, two kids who are much younger (5-12) than my sister (27) and myself. Not my dads kids, but who the hell knows if they have one...wouldn't pass it by him. :bongin:

Don't worry about it man...just phuk it, and let it roll. If you let it anger you will always be pissed off and resent the kid, if anything take him under your wing when he gets older and show him how a :bongin: works...idk, he will be blood.

And don't worry about the age of your dads wife...my dad loved em young and he's 52..his last mistress was 33..she was hot. Just admire, and watch you dad get miserable because he now has another kid when he's 50...shit do you know how shitty your dad will be feeling for the next year that kid is born...be nice bro, be nice :bongin:

I know what it's like though, shit's no fun

8. It's up to him but let him know you ain't takin care of no fuckin kid!

9. [quote name='"RooRgle"']

Don't worry about it man...just phuk it, and let it roll. If you let it anger you will always be pissed off and resent the kid, if anything take him under your wing when he gets older and show him how a :bongin: works...idk, he will be blood.[/quote]

Idk if you saw my edited part but I'm mostly just upset at the fact that my dad thinks he can throw the kid at my brother and I to take care of. My dad just doesn't think sometimes and is very irrational. There's no way I'm gonna be taking care of a kid.

10. Just read the edit.
    No offence. But your dad is either dumb, or not as serious about you and your bro taking care of the kid as you think he is. He could mean just babysitting when him and the mom are both at work or something.

11. You need to be straight and up front with your dad on this if you want to be taken seriously. Tell him just what you said here, that you are just getting your life together, and if you wanted a kid right now you'd have your own. But he's still going to be your little brother. In some ways you will be taking care of him. He will be looking up to you as he grows and matures. Set a good example. How you handle this situation is a good place to start. ;)

12. your a grown ass man with his own life to worry about tell him to worry about his own problems!

13. Thats preety cool though man. Life is a gift so you should be thankfull for every gift you recieve.

14. [quote name='"pearl75"']
    You need to be straight and up front with your dad on this if you want to be taken seriously. Tell him just what you said here, that you are just getting your life together, and if you wanted a kid right now you'd have your own. But he's still going to be your little brother. In some ways you will be taking care of him. He will be looking up to you as he grows and matures. Set a good example. How you handle this situation is a good place to start. ;)[/quote]

I'll probably have moved out by the time he can look up to me. I'm already gonna be 19 when he/she is born.

[quote name='"cripin210Tx"']Thats preety cool though man. Life is a gift so you should be thankfull for every gift you recieve.[/quote]

I know I mean I'm not gonna be mean or hate the kid because he/she will be my brother or sister... But they would not be having a kid.

15. whoa that shit is weird...i can't imagine having a brother 20 years younger than me. he's trippin

16. Tell your dad "kiss my ass" and kick him in the nuts to ensure no future babies..

17. [quote name='"GreenRangerFOH"']whoa that shit is weird...i can't imagine having a brother 20 years younger than me. he's trippin[/quote]

Exactly man.

18. OP you're dads not loaded is he? This sounds like an 18 year income-insurace policy to me...

One damn kid, and she got you for eighteen years...

19. My mom did the same thing, she was 40 and he was 34. They weren't even married at the time. Was it a mistake?
    I'd never call my little bro a mistake.
    But I do think my little bro has gone through a lot because the situation wasn't well planned and they weren't ready.

20. Starting to see less and less rational thinking among adults :/