Are my autos nearly ready for harvest? and leaf problems - help first time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by milkmannn, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hello all. TL;DR available below.

Long version

Here I present my White Label White Diesel Haze, in the start of her 11th week, and a Dr Krippling Bulk Smash (both autoflowers) in the start of her 10th week. I think they are both in the harvest window now, (due to the trichome colouring and pistil development) and have began the flushing. I think I may have started too late but better late than never right.

They are in the autopot system, with coco, perlite and clay pebs. Last refill (last Mon) I filled the res with 3/4 str. flowering GH Trio nutes, and acquired some molasses during the week, which I added once disolved in 2L of boiling water (1 or 2 tsps, to top up about 25L of water in the res, but can't remember right now) and added to the mixture. However, when I checked the plants and res today (5 days later) there was a film across the water in one of the AP trays, and there were bits of what I would imagine to be molasses floating at the top of the Res, and the water stank. I changed out the res and trays, and am now bottom-flushing them with FloraKleen and am intending to add some molasses to the mixture tomorrow. Would it be the molasses causing the film and weird water problem? Is this normal? Should i just simply be stirring the res every day? I have now added a pump and airline going inside the res to keep the mixture moving, but with no airstone - I read airstones were bad for pH fluctuations and not generally recommended for AP res.

Some questions - thanks if you're still here with me - do you think I have started flushing too late, or at the right time? Trichs have already started turning milky on both plants, with the BS having one or two scattered amber trichs as well. I estimate (hope) the BS is around 5-7 days from harvest, and the WDH 7-10 days. Please feel free to correct me on this .As you can see from the pictures, some of the yellowing leaves are messed up big time. I'm pretty sure I just got way too enthusiastic with the LED light, and the BS seeemd to respond worse to it, as at one point I think I had the light around 10-12 inches from the plants, I have since moved it to 17. However, the markings seemed to first appear the day after I added the first molasses top-up - coincidence or possible other cause for the messed up leaves? Please advise! Also, all the sugar leaves on the WDH have turned purple - is this normal or something else?!

Messed up the grow with them, first time grower. Some mess-ups included transplanting, nutrient deficiencies, overfeeding, overwatering, fungus knats, and splitting the WDH stem in half from over-enthusiastic LSTing. I think considering all that I'm lucky to still have anything! But learnt a LOT for the next grow.

TL;DR

White Diesel Haze Auto (one with more tops) - Start of W11
    Bulk Smash Auto (one with bigish cola) - Start of W10
    Messed up the grow with them, first time grower. Some mess-ups included transplanting, nutrient deficiencies, overfeeding, overwatering, mites, and splitting the WDH stem in half from over-enthusiastic LSTing. I think considering all that I'm lucky to still have anything! But learnt a LOT for the next grow.
    Started flushing today using FloraKleen. Estimate overall harvest 5-14 days for both plants. Predicted on trich colours. Messed up fan leaves, think it's light burn from the LED. Feel free to correct. Started using small amounts of molasses. Purple sugar leaves on WDH okay? Any general advice?
    Cheers
    milkman

Attached Files: