Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are MMJ IDs recognized in other MMJ states?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sunda, Mar 10, 2015.

1. My doctor is in Maryland, I'm going to get officially diagnosed for Endometriosis this summer. I already know I do poorly when it comes to side effects of narcotic-based pain medications.

Endometriosis is a chronic condition and pain is very severe for me at times, other symptoms include nausea, being incapacitated due to pain, and trouble sleeping due to pain.

My permanent address and doctors are all in Maryland, but I'm staying in NJ and commuting to NYC for school.

NJ's MMJ laws are pretty strict and only people with very specific conditions can apply for a card. I'm not sure how strict NY is.

But if I some how manage to get a MMJ card in Maryland, would NJ or NY honor it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can try in NJ. My weed doctor is in Edison (also where my dispensary is) and they have 20-31.5% thc sativas/hybrids and indicas. 19 a gram no discount on price, and your script has to be renewed every 3 months. Pretty annoying system but I smoke publicly all the time so I'd say it's worth the effort of trying in this state. And no, medical marijuana is only legal in NJ with a NJ medical marijuana license

3. #3 wafdof, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/documents/guidelines.pdf

Smoking in public is not legal in any state even with a License   Read into that as much as you want, Smoking in public is FEDERALLY illegal even in Recreational states.  How stupid are people?  Tickets up 471% for public consumption of MJ in Colorado....THAT stupid.  Many state officials will write tickets too just for the principle that some people are just too stupid to read and follow a few rules.  These clowns hurt us all when it comes time for federal legalization, because it proves that some people are just too dumb to stay within the guidelines.

From New York:

How Do Patients Qualify to Be Part of the Program?
    • Must be resident of NY or is being treated in NY.
    • Must be being treated in NY for the condition for which you are seeking medical marijuana.
    • Must be certified by a NY physician who has registered with DOH to recommend medical marijuana (means that the doctor has completed a 2-4 hour training course and filed paperwork with the DOH).
    • Must be under that doctor's care for the condition for which you are seeking medical marijuana
    • Your doctor must believe and be willing to certify that you will receive some therapeutic or palliative benefit from medical marijuana.
    • Must have a “serious condition,” as defined by the law.
    • Must obtain a registry identification card from the Department of Health (DOH) and carry their patient registry card at all times that they are in possession of medical marijuana.

Currently only Nevada will accept out of state medical MJ cards

http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/11/20/nevada-reciprocity-marijuana-las-vegas/23625/.

Stupid?  Yes. hopefully that will change soon. 

Looks to me, seek a NY doctor and see what happens from there.  Otherwise just get the Maryland license and stay out of trouble.  Your situation has to be played over thousands and thousands of times and it is just moronic that you should be legal in every legal state but you are not.  The moving across state lines with something that is federally illegal is the catch 22.