Are men and women equal?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ringleader2012, Aug 1, 2012.

1. I could be wrong about this and excuse me if this comes across as offensive to anyone, but I've always felt that women are more inclined to make decisions on the basis of their emotions whereas men are more inclined to make decisions based on cold, hard logic.

2. It's a fact that men think more logical and women more emotional.. It's been proven.. So NO one should take offense..

3. Ugh, as a gay guy who can understand where both sexes are coming from, I think this is silly. I mean, it's true, but they work together well because guys are the emotionally numb logical and it's not always legitimately logical to ignore your emotions whereas women realize this, but are type to sometimes rely too much on emotion, so overall they compliment each other perfectly. It's nothing to be offended about and it doesn't make the sexes unequal because they compliment each other equally. :smoke:

4. Check the red.

That's a generally accepted fact, I mean women have a whole week out of every month where they can be as bitchy and emotional as they want and it's sexist if you say anything about it.

5. #25 ParaBolTOOL, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    First bolded section: Women at one time was forbidden from attending higher education in order to keep more prestigous careers male only. The schools that get bombed in the middle east are because they school girls so by this logic, women should be stupid and men should be brilliant.

Second bolded section: This brings war to mind, men going to war and women being left to defend themselves and their homes while soldiers come through raping, beating and murdering the defenseless. You should google the nanjing massacre, what about Africa when rebels roll through and do horrible things to women? When the vikings first came to North America while the men were out hunting they slaughtered all the women, children and elders and then went back home. So by your logic again women should have evolved to be twice as strong as men to avoid getting their tits cut off and their babies left to starve.

Third bolded section: I agree that ethics and peoples righteous morals prevent progress but in the sense of stem cell research, abortions etc. However by this logic you might as well be stating that the end of slavery was a bad thing and disrupted efficiency because evolution and our ancenstors declared that blacks are less than human and are the equivalent to a mule. Black people are so greedy wanting to be equal *sarcasm* I have argued these "social roles" before and how they have required a GREAT deal of force to uphold them, therefore because they did not come about naturally they served no REAL purpose. Besides, women working as much as men today is a benefit to men as well. Look at china? They have the balls to complain because of the lack of women there that its unfair to the men to have to do ALL the work and is unbalanced. Well, whose fault is that? They gave men too much value by the fact that only men pass on the family name, they are the genetic line, heritage, insurance, even though they only pass on half as much genetic information since the Y chromosome doesnt carry gene code. So gendercide was the answer to that, so they lay waste to most of the baby girls. Technology is advancing enough that we can determin gender as early on as possible so you can abort baby girls as soon as you find out its not a boy. The ones that lived but should have been aborted arent even technically citizens, cant go to school, cant work, cant marry, what kind of life is that? Not natural by my calculations.

The only way men and women arent equal is physical strength and stamina, which sucks cause that means men can make millions of dollars playing sports. BOOOOO! :smoke:

6. Men and women are not equal. Their bodies are different; men's bodies are better suited for some things, and women's bodies are better suited for other things. While I believe men and women should have equal rights, it is not efficient to pursue the same jobs/roles/etc. in the name of equality. For example, women have a stronger biological instinct to be compassionate and caring towards others. Therefore, they are better suited for certain professions, such as therapy and counselling. That's not to say that every woman should be pushed to be a therapist, or every man discouraged from becoming a therapist. It's just the way it is. People should use biology to their advantage.

7. A lot of you guys are getting "equal" and "the same" mixed up. One gender having a penis and the other a vagina doesn't make them unequal, it makes them not the same. One gender stereotype being general one way while the other gender stereotype is generally another way doesn't make the sexes unequal, it makes them different. That doesn't mean they don't deserve equal footing catering to the individual rather than stereotypes based on generalities.

8. Decided it was worth getting into:

To a lesser degree. Hard to fuck your boss as a guy when most CEO's are men.

How often do you figure this actually happens in todays society? Also men can still give better blow jobs from my understanding :)

Girls can get away with free cab fare if they flash the driver there tits in some situations

How often do you figure this actually happens?

Hell I'm sure nation wide decisions have been affected because a women offered up her pussy as a bargaining chip.

Name an instance, or is this delusion? If men are that easy to manipulate than all the more power to her I guess.

Seriously? This goes back to the post I made earlier in this thread, 30 fucking cents? Extremely marginal problem that's probably heavily related to the fact that men work different, harder, more dangerous jobs and therefore, earn those 30 cents.

Just so you know, these statistics are derived from men and women that hold the same job and the same position, not different ones. Im not sure about the 30cents but the fact of the matter is it equates to thousands of dollars annually.

When I was in the military I always volunteered to do the "scary" jobs while most of the men would remain motionless so they can go get a coffee instead. So really its up to the individual whether they're going to risk their lives for a paycheck or not, I guess more men would say they would than most women, we all have the choice.

9. Speak for yourself! :wave: :laughing: :smoke:

10. basically this

Attached Files:

11. I know it's crazy, but to understand something all you have to do is look at the end result. So in this case, let's take a look at man and woman. Do they look equal to you?

12. See the red

Ha, my b man, shoulda put a disclaimer or something xD

13. Women and men are physically, psychologically, and socially different. In western culture while a man will bust his ass his housewife is filing for divorce. Socially women have the advantages many fold. Court systems favor the mother, sex assault is always the guys fault, child care a woman Is handed time off, a father asks for paternity leave he's laughed out of work. Physically and psychologically men are stronger than women, but because of that ego in previous generations men have put women on a pedestal while at the same time not realizing and woman can be a bitch and not all women should have the associated advantage. I have a buddy currently serving a three year sentence. His crime? He had a one night stand that he met at the bar and was under 18. She snuck into the bar, and knowing she was underage still went home with him, still got laid, and then when daddy found out cried rape. Her story:I was drunk I would never sleep with a guy from a bar, he must've put something in my drink. His story: wait what? You're how old? Fuck.

14. Hoe does being gay have to do with anything? You can understand both sides and not be gay.. And it doesn't matter it's a proven fact that men think more logically and women more emotionally.. I'll site it. Like you said it is true.. MORE emotion in women though and MORE logic in men..

Are men logical, rational, and objective, whereas women are just emotional? - Yahoo! Answers

Most women use that as an excuse to be witchy..

15. I don't think there is a male equivalent to that of Amber Rose.Women have it easier over all, the reason they might deny it is because of their emotions,which they let control them.

16. They deny it because people don't like to give up power. Which is why feminism is such a joke. It's not about equality, its a power grab. You never hear feminists talking about how biased the court systems are or about any of the special treatment they get it. It's always more more more more, without any of the responsibilities.

17. [quote name='"Capsule Sun"']

They deny it because people don't like to give up power. Which is why feminism is such a joke. It's not about equality, its a power grab. You never hear feminists talking about how biased the court systems are or about any of the special treatment they get it. It's always more more more more, without any of the responsibilities.[/quote]

Well fucking said my man

18. [quote name='"Capsule Sun"']

They deny it because people don't like to give up power. Which is why feminism is such a joke. It's not about equality, its a power grab. You never hear feminists talking about how biased the court systems are or about any of the special treatment they get it. It's always more more more more, without any of the responsibilities.[/quote]

I find most of the women I know who push for 'equality' are the ones who believe all males should be chivalrous.. The only reason men were supposed to be chivalrous is because the woman is seen as the weaker individual.

19. The biggest example I can think of along these lines is medical practice. During the 1600's and earlier on women were the main practitioners in the medical field, conducting medical treatment within the family for surrounding families and servants and those of poorer income. Some of the first cauterizations, surgical procedures including removing of cataracts was performed by the wives of the household. However only a small number of women were actually treated as physicians since after the founding of medical schools in universities, physicians were expected to attend university schools of medicine-- and women were generally not welcome in universities. So, women that were caught still practicing medicine were warned of being accused of witch craft, this is actually where some of the beginning of the Salem witch hunt began, and that whole creating potions and poisons with eye of newt and junk like that come from. Church's all over the world warn people of women being devilish and if didn't conform to societal construct and specific behaviorism would be turned in by the very neighbours they once aided being accused of witch craft and devil worship. Ever notice how the bible tells bullshit tales of how women are to blame for the lost paradise, and if isn't subservient to their husbands and male members of the community are going against the will of god? This is partially why I don't consider most gender roles having coming about naturally for reasons like religious oppression, not to mention women couldn't hold a patent in her own name, it had to be in her husbands. If anything people do require discouragement and laws to uphold social perceptions to prevent people from deviating from your specific roles and removing the freedom to do what they want, such as having a career instead of a family, discovering medical and scientific breakthroughs rather than “preparing dinner and sitting on their ass's and raising children” as it's been so eloquently put, then how can anyone be so delusional in thinking it's the natural order? Women used to be as eager to fight for their country and freedom, but because men couldn't bare the sight of women being killed in battle is when women were no longer allowed in combat roles. Ever see “The Pacific” where the father tells his son he couldn't enlist in the war because he has a heart murmur and how badly he took it? People don't like being told what they can and cannot do, and people most definitely don't like when someone else tells them what they are capable and incapable of doing. It requires a bit more work for a woman to become stronger, but it's not an impossibility. Men have testosterone yes, but so do women, and men have estrogen also, they're just hormones but not all men are built the same as every other man, same goes for women. Why should how we live our lives be dictated by the norm?

Men like to cling to the caveman days, where men hunted and women gathered. Of course roles made sense back then, it's one thing to run around in the bush and find meat, it's another to drag the carcass miles back home. Like someone mentioned in a previous post, might not have been this thread now that I think of it, but women have a particular attention to detail that most men probably wouldn't have the patience for such as the tiniest characteristic in a mushroom that could mean the fine line between nutrients and death. That was before technology and money, money especially is the biggest issue that I have seen to arise between men and women.

True enough, the Amazonian way isn't exactly desirable though lol and with guns being what determines “strength and power” now a days, there really isn't any room for physical evolution to accommodate these injustices.

I just find it silly when men put down the feminist movement as being pointless when they themselves don't fully understand their own rights and the rights they lack (and then accuse women of unfair divorce laws that are outdated, why are you waiting for feminists to fix it?) I'm not an activist myself, but I'd be foolish to not be grateful for those that chose to be. I am aware that men have disadvantages in this world of ours although I don't feel myself to be in position to make changes to them, there are however activist groups that fight for male rights also, one I read of was called the "Men and fathers group", look into it if you are interested. Of course most men think feminism silly because it doesn't pertain to you, like how the slavery issue didn't affect you in any way. The entire world practically consists of slaves, since most work for so much less than those that are billionaires just watching the money flow in without so much as lifting a finger or paying taxes, but they justify it by claiming “they create jobs.” White men today are still unfairly being blamed and paying for the mistreatment of others a very long timeago and despise generalizations appointed to them because of generations long before our current one. While I empathise, you would think they would understand female hatred to the generalizations given to us by flashing our titties to get free shit and fucking our bosses to get promotions we don't deserve, or demand chivalry. Besides, the worst cases of bag licking and ass kissing I've ever witnessed in the work place were by men, like how you say some women use sex appeal to get noticed (I'd be naive to say that doesn't happen), men have their own tactics to get ahead and the shit they get away with and call it fair game....eesh.:rolleyes:

Just so you know, these statistics are derived from men and women that hold the same job and the same position, not different ones. I'm not sure about the 30cents but the fact of the matter is it equates to thousands of dollars annually.

Sorry, I cant find the article I was referring to in my mind when I wrote that (which was more of a slide show actually) however I did find articles explaining the wage differences and what's most to blame for it is the amount of hours worked. Men are more likely to work full time, while more women take on part time jobs to accommodate the family thing, while the “unexplainable” difference is chalked up to discrimination but as to how much?… can't say for certain. Although I don't think today the wage difference is enough to really get our panties up in a bunch, and I don't think the article I read a while back accounted for these variables including education and experience on top of the hours worked.

Also from personal experience I found it to be just as frowned upon for a woman to take maternity leave as it is for a man to take paternity leave, although by law you are entitled to it, know your rights people. You're going to recieve shit by others no matter what you do, and your employers are going to try and swindle you for as many hours as they can.

20. True, I've just always been a bit effeminate, yet I'm a guy and have enough testosterone to still see the male perspective too, so the battle between the perspectives wages internally, making it easy for me to see both sides externally. I also never challenged you about the fact that men and women are different in that aspect, I was just saying that they compliment each other for what they lack. :smoke: