Are Led Lights Better?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by !Redeye!, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Want to build a stealth grow box but I've read that ccfl lights give off bad radiation, also led uses less energy. Any ideas on what the best type of lights to use? Thanks

2. As long as you can keep the box cool, just run a small hps. Lots of people try LEDs and go back to hps.

3. #3 rain dancer, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Ive never heard cfls give off radiation. Whered you hear that :confused:

4. Maybe he's talking about them breaking and being a mess to clean up. :confused:

5. Well they contain mercury and must be disposed of properly, thats the only detriment should one break, but ive only had a few break ever and ive handled hundreds of those bulbs.

I also recommend hps, but not for a small growbox, as heat may be an issue.

6. You can check out www.intelligentgro.com. We have many grows using our lights in stealth grow boxes. google Jandr2k3 and check out his last grow journal he did in a 2x4 stealth box. It was his first time using LED's and He did everything the same as usually and had his best grow results ever with my lights. In the end he chose not to even publish his HID that was being grown side by side because it seem to be susceptible to issues. His final results were 1.27 GPW using one of my 3 module panels(GEN I). He is now running another grow with my Better gen II panels.

I have yet to hear of anyone of my customers go back to HID systems.(knock on wood)

If you have any questions hit me up. i be happy to assist you in anyway I can.
    Best of luck to you.

7. I for the first time a few weeks ago I heard  that cfl's give off bad gasses when on, not just broken. The guy said there's info on it someplace in the web, but I don't use'em so never cared to look it up.