Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are joints meant to burn this quickly?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LUTE, Aug 20, 2010.

1. So Im relatively new to rolling, couple of months now. Been rolling my own joints recently as I've been on my own but i think they're burning too quick? I'm rolling normal sized (not king size) papers, and I take 4 pretty big hits and its half finished already? Is it meant to burn that quick? Also, when letting the cherry burn, theres loads of smoke coming off... when other people have rolled king size joints for me, they burn nice and pretty slowly without much smoke... Any reason for this? Too loose, too tight, not packed enough? Thanks :)

2. Probably too lose.

3. probably to loose bro...

4. Thought so, really annoying aswell, wasted a lot of weed doing this...

5. you said it yourself. your rolling them too loose, and prob not enuff inside the joint even if rolled tight. i had the same problem when i first started rolling joints.

6. If ya cant get em tight take a dollar bill, or piece of paper, fold it in half then roll your jay back and forth between it

7. It's the difference between theory and practice. You know how you just aren't competent at actually doing it yet. Roll it tighter, and keep practicing, you'll get better with time.

8. Just keep on rolling man! I used to suck at blunts and joint rolling, but with time and experience I've gotten much, much better. Good luck

9. Yeah, they're most likely loose, or you're lighting too much of it. You'll get better over time.

10. You just have to try a blunt man.

11. It takes many shitty joints when you first start rolling before you get nice joints.

12. Too loose or uneven.

Remember, after you put the weed in the paper, fold it, pinch it down into the middle HARD and roll up with your thumbs.

13. roll thinner, add tobacco.
    maybe wet it a little

14. It's learning curve. If you have time to waste, roll and unroll a joint until you think you have it.

15. roll them as tight as you can and after its rolled before you twist the end just pack it down as much as you can and if you're like me just dump the rest of the weed into it while you're packing it down cause I always drop some:rolleyes:

I always tap it down first, then pack it nice and tight, twist the end tight and then snip it off:)

16. Unfortunately where I live (England by the way) I can't get any blunt papers or cigars so I have to travel to a place called Camden where they sell bongs, pipes, blunts and every other toking tool you can think of to basically anyone. Though I'm heading their soon and buying blunt papers is the first thing imma do, how much weed is typical for a no-tolerance smoker do you reckon?

17. Plus a crapload of crappy hot tobacco just crapped into my mouth while toking. I need a bong or a blunt :cool: :smoke:

18. Sounds Like its too loose the tighter its rolled the slower it burns not too tight then you won't get a hit you will be huffing:smoke: and puffing but get nothing

19. There are many ways to slice a pizza, many ways to roll a joint.

Everyone here is giving good advice; just try rolling it tighter. The trick to learning this is balancing out your tightness with how even the joint it. When I first started rolling, I got the tightness down, but It was hard for me to get a good uniform shape.... but now I roll em nicely:smoke:

Also, the weed you smoked was probably really well cured. Whenever you have real dry weed roll it as tight as you can. If you have weed that is more moist, then rolling it too tight is a problem.

20. Yeah dude, rolling blunts from pre-made papers is easier for many than papers. However, the blunt wraps are always bigger and as many will tell you, it is hard to roll a "pin" blunt, but a skilled joint roller could roll a tiny joint.

What I am saying is that in general, blunts use more weed than joints. Also, why poison yourself with tobacco? :confused_2: