Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are joints even worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VaultDweller, Dec 31, 2010.

1. This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking GC for a while. I smoke, on average, two or three bowls of my pipe per day. I have smoked plenty of joints on campus, but never have I rolled one. Today I decided that I would try to roll my first joint. It was disastrous. It looked wrong right from the start. The joint was far too thin and not tight at all. The second the flame touched it the paper torched up and the bud was hardly touched. The weed fell everywhere and I basically wasted a joint. I have seen all of the "How to roll a joint" threads and followed the instructions as best I could. Should I even bother rolling joints or just stick with my pipe?

2. just practice rolling with tobacco, and eventually youll get good at it,

also theres nothing more social than a blunt or a j

3. I really do not think that practice is enough. I mean, this was a really bad joint. I felt like such a failure wasting all that bud.

4. It's cool, Tommy Chong probably messed up his first joint too haha just practice..or pack bowls.

5. Man, a joint is like having a baby, you gotta make it from scratch, treat it with respect, but show it who's the boss, make a filter (W style works best) put the bud in there, use both of your index and thumb fingers and just give it a pleasant massage :smoke: and practice, practice, and then practice some more.
    There's not enough practice when talking about marijuana, my friend

6. I have a phobia of joints.

heheh. Naw but seriously, when I first started smoking, I had to roll my pot in joints because i had no pipes or bongs like I do now. I thought I knew what I was doing, but god, hell no. I always heard you don't get high the first couple times, so I knew I was alright. I rolled 5 joints from my starting point. (All had 1 gram each=100 bucks) and I only got high from my last joint. I would love to smoke joints, but they're so unappealing to me. I have strawberry papers (YUMMY)

7. if you like them yes i prefere cyclone clear cones

8. I should mention that I skipped out on the filter as well. I could not find a suitable material to use, nor did I really know what I was doing. It looks like I am going to have to stick with my bubbler. Even an idiot like me can pack a bowl.

9. Any kind of cardboard works for me, it's not like you're going to eat it!
    Just make a W and then roll it around itself.

10. Another piece of information that I should mention is that I do not own a grinder. I pulled it apart. I did this until it was very fine, far finer than I would use to pack a bowl. Does anybody know what the exact problem might be? What would cause all the paper to burn up, but not the weed?

11. Hey man you're no idiot for being an inept roller! Maybe your calling is just being the best damned bubbler packer your side of the Mississippi!:smoke:

12. Shitty papers or damp weed

13. Breaking it down with a grinder will make it easier to roll, but from what you said the J was just loose try using a toothpick or something similar and pack it down from the end you'll smoke. Let us know if you try rolling again.

14. These are the papers I bought. They were suggested to me at my LHS when I bought my pipe.

Attached Files:

15. There's a million video tutorials, all you have to do is watch one and practice.

16. get a joint roller

17. just make sure its tight, pinch it, twist it a lil. Try and just make it perfect the first time, hold it in ur index and middle finger to load it up, then push it down with a whole finger. roll it

18. I rolled a bad ass joint yesterday lol but Jay's are not very effecient cause you smoke like 50% of the smoke unlike a bowl where you can get anywhere from 70-90% smoke in your lungs. especially if its windy alot of the smokes gets blown away. although J's are way more discreet and dont leave much evidence so I guess its a price you pay :rolleyes:

Happy Tok'n:smoking:

19. You could try one of those little rolling machines